|Date Posted:||Mar 23, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade AAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Tetra Tech - JSSP:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle. Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. In this way we increase stability, foster investment, and improve the rule of law, which benefits our partner countries as well as our economy back home.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and law Enforcement Affairs (INL), funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a nationwide criminal justice sector development program focused on institutional capacity building as well as training and mentoring in Kabul and key provinces, and utilizes international and Afghan Advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector institutions. The program has the following four sections:
- Case Management System Development
- Legislative Capacity Building
- Organizational Capacity Building
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Deputy Chief of Team - Advisors (DCOT-A)
Nationality: Local National (LN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan
Salary: NTA Salary Scale - Grade A
Required Clearance: VSS-A or other INL-approved vetting
Tetra Tech, Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP), is seeking applications for Deputy Chief of Team - Advisors (DCOT-A) position for JSSP Management Section under the supervision of Chief of Team (COT).
Requires travel to provinces:
- The candidate must have experience developing positive, professional relationships with clients, colleagues, or business partners. Interpersonal skills are tremendously important as they ensure that the DCOT-A can work as an effective leader and team member an also forge successful partnerships with Afghan government officials and the JSSP staff
- The candidate must have excellent spoken and written English skills and be able to fluently communicate with senior international officials in person, over the phone, and over email
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- The candidate shall have strong personal references and no unexplained departures from previous assignment
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Deputy Chief of Team-Advisors (DCOT-A) is responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the technical team and ensuring that activities are implemented on time and of excellent quality. The DCOT-A will be the senior advisor to the COT on all program matters and will therefore require a full depth of understanding of all JSSP activities. The DCOT-A shall share representational duties with the COT, including strategic engagement and high-level relationship building with counterpart institutions. The DCOT-A shall:
- Coordinate, integrate, supervise, and direct all JSSP activities to ensure consistency of action and message, and progress towards established objectives
- Provide technical leadership and direction to entire JSSP staff including direct support of key deliverables
- Conduct regular meetings with the JSSP team to ensure that team members are clear on U.S. Embassy and INL initiatives and policies and to coordinate efforts
- Assist in the overall management and direction of the JSSP Local National office and programs
- Supervise the performance of advisors and provide technical guidance to Component Leads
- Be responsible for oversight of all program reports, deliverables, success stories and requests for information, ensuring they reflect program accomplishments and progress
- Oversee the process capacity building of local Afghan staff at counterpart justice institutions, including high-level training and mentoring to ensure that knowledge and skills are transferred during implementation
- Rapidly respond to requests for information from INL and Tetra Tech
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience combined with a PhD from an accredited Afghan or international university, or 5 years of relevant experience combined with a master’s degree, or 10 years of experience combined with a bachelor’s degree
- Law degree preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in management roles that included strategic planning, program management, resource management and budgeting
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the formal Afghan Justice system, with a particular emphasis on the coordination and interaction of the Afghan justice ministries
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, the candidate must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours
- The candidate must be able to cite past professional or personal experience that demonstrates an ability to work effectively under stressful situations; the candidate must also demonstrate understanding that the role of a DCOT-A necessitates irregular hours and a flexible, positive, and assertive attitude
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. Applicant’s cover letter/resume must clearly describe how minimum requirements and experience are met.
Please submit the list of documents below to Applyjssp no later than April 03, 2020. The subject line MUST be (Deputy Chief of Team - Advisors - VA 20-154), otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
- Updated CV
- Cover letter, which demonstrates eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. Hard copy application package is not accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.