|Date Posted:||May 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 12, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 27 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking.
For more information kindly visit: www.afghanunitedbank.com
The Deputy Chief Risk Officer of the bank will be acting as focal point in establishing a central risk management system throughout the bank in order to define, detect and increase the operational deterrence in acceptance and management of recurring risks facing the bank. The Deputy Chief Risk Officer shall be responsible for developing and designing models for risk identification. Risk measurement and risk mitigations to be used in the bank.
Requires travel to provinces:
Having excellent knowledge of
1. Market Risk
2. Credit Risk
3. Operation Risk
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To draft the risk policy of the bank to be approved by board of Management and supervisors.
2. To prepare an action plan for the department and its sections for a reviewing the operational, financial and lending activities of the bank with in an organized time line.
3. To develop risk identification and risk reporting formats for the department.
4. To identify, integrate, quantify and report the overall risks in different portlfios of the bank through a portfolio risk information format.
5. To put in place operating procedure for the risk management department that covers all the sections and monitors the functioning of the department in line with operating procedure.
6. To oversee, monitor, and control daily works of risk management department.
7. To develop and implement models that tracks the liquidity position of the bank and identifies any upward and downward movement in the liquidity position and ensure that the bank liquidity and foreign exchange positions are consistent with the regulatory requirement.
8. To evaluate the effectiveness of the corporate governance structure of the bank and identify those weak areas that have potential of governance risk and propose the management with appropriate solutions for mitigation.
9. To make sure the bank has sufficient provision reserve to cover credit risks, operational risk and financial risk. Treat any shortfall in provisioning as a risk and immediately report to the management on the existence of risk.
10. To make sure credit risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported on daily basis.
11. To make sure operational risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported.
12. To make sure exchange rate risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported.
13. To make sure asset and liability risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported on daily basis.
14. To make sure interest rate risk of the bank is properly assessed, measured, monitored and reported on daily basis.
15. To make sure capital charge for market risk of the bank is properly calculated.
16. To make sure strong control system exists in the bank.
17. To make sure contingent plan of the bank developed and implemented
To review the diversification range of the bank loan and investment portfolio and recommend constant preventive risk measures to the management for
18. diversifying the twin portfolios of the bank in equivalence to the degree of present risks.
19. To attend and administer risk management committee
To perform any specific task assigned by the CEO and board of directors.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Master degree in Economics, Finance, Banking or relevant area.
At least 3-5 years of experience in relevant area.
Interested Candidates can send their resumes with their recent photo to: email@example.com
Kindly mention the title of position and vacancy number in the subject line of your e-mail
Only the Short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.