|Date Posted:||Jul 1, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 19, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA):
â€¢ Will be required to discharge all functions relating to planning, execution and supervision of current Industrial Parks and Industrial parks proposed in the future.
â€¢ Associated with day to day supervision of all Industrial parks under the control of IPDD.
â€¢ Help in carrying out all reforms measures which can give a boost to improving productivity of the units operating in the Industrial Park.
â€¢ Supervise and manage all functional issues relating to technical, HR, procurement and finance.
â€¢ Provide solutions to issues relating to land titling, pricing of plots, pricing under long term lease and differential pricing.
â€¢ Will be required to formulate policy relating to increased private sector participation in future Industrial Parks Development in the country.
â€¢ Shall have to guide IPDD in all Regulatory issues associated with Industrial Parks Development.
â€¢ Supervision of regional industrial parks offices of AISA/IPDD in the country.
â€¢ Assist Director, IPDD in all matters relating to functioning of IPDD.
â€¢ Provide a congenial and vibrant work environment in IPDD through personal leadership, support and effective team working.
â€¢ Lead and supervise IPDD while it is transiting from a Department led Industrial Parks Development organization to an Independent Authority.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Help draft zoning and subdivision regulations.
2. Preparing and finalizing all issues relating to pricing of plots, lease matters and working of management committees in the Industrial Parks.
3. Preparation and maintenance of project cost reports and project schedules.
4. Prepare annual and quarterly work plans for the implementation of the program.
5. Manage and administer the day-by-day operations to ensure the effective implementation of the programs.
6. Supervise project personnel and consultants.
7. Prepare progress reports and budget revisions in a timely manner.
8. Help with the Procurement Team in the over all procurement plan
9. Assist the Environment Social Protection Team with the strategy implementation
10. Monitor the work of the Planning and Engineering Team during the implementation of the project
11. Strategize for the marketing and IPDD Administration
12. Liaise with Government institutions, international donor organizations and development cooperating agencies.
13. Assist in strengthening management capacity.
14. Supports the implementation of best practice guidelines in all its operational planning and implementation.
15. Prepare and submit the Annual Program/Project Review to the Government, the Funding Agency.
â€¢ Masterâ€™s degree in Engineering/ Masterâ€™s degree in Management/ Masterâ€™s degree in Economics
â€¢ Minimum of six years of mid/senior level, multi-functional management
â€¢ Experience in industrial parks management and WB/USAID-funded projects preferred
â€¢ Experience in or familiarity with international project management knowledge, techniques and tools is an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
â€¢ Strong computer skills and practical experience in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, and Internet required.
â€¢ Effective proposal and report writing Skills.
â€¢ Proven managerial skills with the ability to plan, organize and direct work.
â€¢ Proven written and verbal communication skills in English and Dari/Pashto, including the ability to make clear and concise presentations.
â€¢ Ability to interact effectively with staff, donor agencies, businesses, general public, elected and appointed officials.
â€¢ Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with essential functions of the Department and in line with organizational goals, principles and regulations.