|Date Posted:||Oct 12, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Capacity Building for Result (CBR) IARCSC:
The Deputy Director, Procurement is responsible for assisting the director of procurement for the procurement of all goods, works and services in accordance with the rules and regulation of the Government of Afghanistan. The incumbent has to work closely with the director and all staff of Procurement Directorate to implement, plans, procedures, processes, and systems for all kinds of procurements, purchases and warehouse management, by focusing in all; governmental rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor.
2. Assess for, design, get developed and implement a comprehensive, user friendly and affordable computerized asset inventory management system in compliance with the government rules and procedures.
3. Facilitate the utilization of standard formats for pre-award and post-award of contracts issued by procurement policy unit of Ministry of Finance and bidding documents.
4. Prepare bidding documents for all goods, works and services based on terms of reference and technical specifications.
5. Publicize bidding documents--Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Invitations to Bids--and send invitations to potential candidates in the case of limited competitive bidding.
6. Assist the director of procurement to coordinate pre-bid meetings and provide information to bidders during the bidding process. Ensure that all bidders have access to the same information, according to all governmental rules affecting purchases, procurements guidelines and prepare/draft minutes of the meetings.
7. Assist the Procurement Director in ensuring that the process for receiving technical and financial proposals strictly adheres to the Governmentâ€™s procurement guidelines.
8. Conduct the bid opening sessions, draft/prepare minutes of the meetings ensuring that all the terms and condition of bid documents (SHART-NAAMA) have strictly observed and get all the bids initiated by the assigned members of bid opening session.
9. Arrange, coordinate and conduct the bid evaluation meetings as/when required/assigned. Draft/prepare and/or review bid evaluation report give his/her recommendation and/or rectify errors. And assist the evaluation team communicate with the bidders.
10. Draft correspondence and execute follow up and other tasks required to ensure the efficient and timely implementation of procurement activities during the project and conduct market research to obtain estimates and develop annual budget for items to be procured.
11. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
2. A proper system of developing work plans and carrying them out are in place.
3. Computerized Asset Inventory Management System is developed and maintained.
4. A number of bidding documents for all goods, works and services based on terms of reference and technical specifications are developed.
5. An effective system of market research to develop annual budget is developed.
6. All correspondence is managed and followed up effectively.
7. An appropriate system for conducting bid evaluation meetings is put in place.
8. Bid evaluation reports are drafted, prepared and reviewed on a regular basis.
9. Proper filing, documentation and reporting systems are established and maintained within the directorate.
10. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
The Deputy Director, Procurement shall directly report to the Procurement Director.
- Minimum requirements:
1. A Master degree in Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration or any other related fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
2. A Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Excellent Written and spoken Dari or Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Desirable attributes:
1. Excellent drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written; ability to defend and explain difficult issues with respect to key decisions.
2. Strong ability to prioritize workload and meet simultaneous and competing deadlines.
3. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
4. Ability to use Microsoft office applications and the internet.
5. Very good knowledge of Procurement Law, Public Expenditure Law, Tax Law and other relevant procedures of the Country.
Notice of revision
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.