|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Land Authority:
ARAZI is seeking for a qualified national Deputy Land Inventory Director, who can provide technical and managerial supports to the Land Inventory Director. The Deputy Land Inventory Director will lead and take responsibility for the management of the
day-to-day operations of the Land Inventory Department unites and the quality of their outputs
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Staff Management
2. controlling, verifying and recommending the survey quality assurance and MIS/GIS units outputs for approval
3. coordination with MAIL, AGCHO, MoUD, IDLG, AIMS and others
- Provide Technical and Managerial Support
- Provide technical and managerial support to Land Inventory - Director on effective implementation of the activities.
- Review, verify and approve the survey, geospatial and
-textual data quality before entering to the web based geo database system.
- Ensure coordination between Survey Quality Assurance and -- GIS/MIS units and other ARAZI program departments.
- Ensure that ARAZI policies and procedures are strictly followed.
- Trips to the project sites in the country.
- Supervising and Directing the cadastral survey
- Ensure that cadastral survey overall th e country is performed properly.
- Supervise the Survey Qual ity Assurance and MIS/GIS units and ensure effective and efficient operation of both
- Ensure that the Land Management Information System is updated as per program objectives and standard design.
- Supervise and ensure timely submission of updated land management information to ARAZI Head Quarter
- Conduct technical and or administrative trainings, workshops as per need of the Land Inventory Department Staff
- Actively Participate in meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences inside and outside the country and present ARAZI to audiences based on its objectives effectively.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and other periodic reports of Land Management Information System.
- Bachelor degree in Geo Science, civil engineering, business Administration, management. Master degree is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the same field with the reputable national, international and UN organizations
- Working with GIS/ MIS applications
- Adequate knowledge of topographical survey.
- Being familiar with integrated mapping systems is must
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto
- MS office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), familiarity with Arc GIS9.3 and Auto CAD is preferred.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Managerial skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Stress management skills
- Report writing skills
- Trustworthy, patient, and accurate