|Date Posted:||May 2, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 8, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Mission East:
To ensure the continued operational functionality of Mission East implemented program activity in Badakhshan Province, Afghanistan. The position is answerable to the Badakhshan Province Manager of Mission East Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
â€¢ Active supervision and support to project teams implementing community development, agriculture, water and sanitation, hygiene promotion, infrastructure upgrade or other activity
â€¢ Ensure that design and implementation of programs are always in accordance with Mission East policy and practice, principles and agreed priorities and objectives.
â€¢ Ensure that program staff are familiar with and abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, the People in Aid Code, Mission East procedures and other regulatory codes (e.g. Sphere Minimum Standards)
â€¢ Ensure to the most extent possible that program activities are implemented in ways to secure local â€œownershipâ€, that Mission East by ways of consultative, participatory and gender sensitive methods acts as a facilitator to sustainable, lasting development
â€¢ Ensure that Mission East programs in Badakhshan province meet objectives and comply with donor contractual obligations, including comprehensive and timely reporting
â€¢ Obligation of monthly operational reporting to the Badakhshan Province Manager, on agreed format, responding to indicators in contract log-frames. At the same time oversee internal provincial reporting on project activity, that minutes from meetings are taken and filed
â€¢ Manage senior program staff in line with Mission East policies, ensuring that staff gets the necessary introduction, training and support as required
â€¢ Manage Baharak support staff to ensure smooth operation of programs
Coordination and Representation
â€¢ To coordinate closely with local authorities to ensure that Mission Eastâ€™s programs remain within governmental strategies and Afghan law
â€¢ Represent Mission East in Baharak at all representative bodies within government, agencies, NGOs and security councils
â€¢ To continuously coordinate with Province Manager regarding field operational needs
â€¢ Other possible duties, as agreed with the Province Manager
1. University degree
2. Fluent English and Dari (written and spoken).
3. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in humanitarian/relief programme development, including excellent project management skills. This person should have a proven record of effective people management, understanding of, and being able to practice situational leadership, - i.e. recognising and using the appropriate style of leadership that each situation demands (directing, coaching, supporting, delegating). Education should be, to at least, degree level, although candidates without a university degree but a strong professional background would also be considered. Finally, the ideal candidate will be someone accountable and responsible, with an ability to build othersâ€™ capacity. This person should be able to communicate equally well with colleagues, beneficiaries and regional, national and international bodies. He / she will have an awareness of security and the skills to operate successfully in this environment.
4. Solid management experience is essential with practical experience with programmatic surveys and assessments
5. The candidate will have previous experience preparing proposals and budgets, overseeing budgets, preparing work plans, training staff, and monitoring/evaluating projects. This will include large projects for institutional donors.
6. Ability to provide leadership and management to large teams
7. Solid drafting/reporting skills (in good written English)
8. Understanding of basic accounting and budget management skills
9. PC proficiency, at least including word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheets (MS Excel). Ability to design and use databases (MS Access) is an advantage.