|Date Posted:||Nov 28, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Dec 10, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||30000 - 40000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
MADERA is a French NGO implementing humaniterian aid programs in Afghanistan since 1988. MADERA was registered with Ministry of Economic of Afghanistan in No. 199, 1/2/2006. MADERA implements rural development projects in various fields (Agriculture, Animal Health, Forestry, Horticulture, Civil Engineering, Handicraft, Community Driven Development etc.) in 5 provinces: Wardak, Kunar, Laghman, Nuristan and Ghor. MADERAâ€™s headquarter is located in Kabul while MADERA is also represented at regional and provincial levels through several offices and sub-offices. Finally MADERA general delegation is based in France (Paris).
I. About the Fruit Tree Nursery Industry Project
The Project has been planned in recognition of the need to provide support to the development of the private sector fruit tree industry, so as to facilitate rural development and economic recovery in Afghanistan. In particular, the project will address the need for improved production capacity and management systems among Nursery Growers Associations (NGAs) and the need to support nursery growers to improve their technical skills, in order to ensure certified fruit tree saplings are available for the orchard industry, eventually leading to higher quality fruit, higher incomes and an expansion of the fruit industry.
The Project is implemented by a consortium of five partner NGOs (GPFA, CHA, ADA, SAB and MADERA) and build on the work and outcomes of previous projects in the field of perennial horticulture, including the EC-funded Perennial Horticulture Development Project (PHDP).
The action is implemented in the Western, Southern and South-eastern regions of Afghanistan, primarily in the following 9 provinces: Herat, Nangarhar, Laghman, Kunar, Kandahar, Zabul, Logar, Wardak and Paktya.
MADERA is looking for a Deputy Project Coordinator for the PHDP program Who Can Do as Follow:
â€¢ Management Skills: business management, reporting, Project management
â€¢ Horticulture Knowledge.
â€¢ Possibility to travel in 11 Province of Afghanistan: Kabul, Nangarhar, Wardak, Herat, Kandahar, Paktya, Laghman, Kunar, Zabul, Logar, Hilmand, GHazni.
â€¢ Pashtun Mother tongue, excellent in English and Dari.
â€¢ Excellent computer skills in particular in Ms Word, Ms Excel, MS Power Point And Ms Access....
Duties & Responsibilities:
ïƒ– follow up all the activities in the province project.
ïƒ– Follow up the document update
ïƒ– Management of the responsible of province and technical staff
Main objectives and specific activities will include:
Domain of responsibility # MANAGEMENT
- to make sure that each week the Area facilitator implement the project activities in each province of their competence
- to make sure that each week the Field officer implement the project activities in each NGA.
- to make sure to collect from them each information required to plan the quarterly activity plan
- Participate, in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, in the annual, quarterly and monthly planning of projectâ€™s activities.
- Participate in monthly coordination meetings with ONG partner.
- Participate in meeting with donor (EC â€“ Kabul), Project Manager, Area Facilitator and Field Officer.
- Participate, in close collaboration with the Project Manager, in the budget planning of the project, the budget monitoring and the elaboration of monthly funds request.
Domain of responsibility # PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION
- Participate, in collaboration with the Project Manager, in the yearly data collection and processing carried out in the framework of the project.
- Participate, in close collaboration with the Area Facilitators, in the building and strengthening of ten nursery growersâ€™ association (strategic and business planning, association meetings, implementation and monitoring of activities, financial viability and development of free and commercial activities).
- Ensure the liaison, in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, with local authorities, the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation
- Horticulture, business management and project management
- University degree
- Languages : Pashto mother tongue, excellent English and Dari
- Computer Sciences : MS Word, Ms Excel, Ms Power point, Ms Access
â€¢ Fixed term salaried contract â€“ 12 months renewable.
â€¢ Salary: between 30,000 to 33,670 Afs + 10,930 Afs remote area bonus for the period working in the remote field.