|Date Posted:||May 15, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Bakhtar Development Network (BDN):
The Bakhtar Development Network is a non-profit, non-governmental, humanitarian, community based organization working to assist in the reconstruction of Afghanistan. interventions inside Afghanistan began in 2001. In additions to many other projects, today BDN is one of the leading implementers of Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS) in the country. Implementing the package in two provinces of Afghanistan Balkh and Baghlan . Bakhtar Development Network is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their knowledge, skills, abilities and experience without regard to age, race, religion, ethnicity, marital status, sex, physical disability, or veteran status.
The Deputy Technical Project Manager is responsible for technical affairs of the project, Implementation of basic package of health services in defined health facilities. He/she is also responsible to improve knowledge & practice of the project program staff and assist project manager in overall technical, administrative and conduct supervision & on the job training regarding the diagnosis & treatment of common diseases.
Provinces to travel:
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to prioritized multiple responsibilities negotiation and conflict solving skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills oral and written in Dari, Pashto and English.
- Must be proactive being a member of Senior project Management team.
- Must be patient diplomatic and professional.
- Ability carry out responsibilities and make decisions independently.
- Must have strong facilitation skills and work as a team player.
- Demonstrate organization skills, attention to detail,and ability to work effectively under time constraints and take initiatives.
- Honest and Trustworthy.
- Being honest and committed to organizational goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting the project manager in overall technical, administrative and financially management of the project.
- Overseeing the project implementation, as well as, carrying out supervisory visits of health facilities and providing feed-backs or corrective actions
- Make sure that a strong well functional community based health care system is in place.
- Develops plans, leads, implements, monitors and evaluates all aspects of technical services of BDN for quality and performance in accordance with the Ministry of Public Health and donor policies and guidelines.
- Provide technical support for the implementation of high quality medical analysis and services by the BDN staff in a safe working environment.
- Attends Provincial Public Health Coordination Committee (PPHCC) meetings.
- Present to BDN essential proposals and recommendations to promote patient enhancements to patient care and diagnosis at BDN facilities.
- Provide the technical staff with best opportunities to build their technical and functional capacities.
- Always being a backup and close coordinator of project manager and other management team members.
- Being responsible for evaluations of program staff in regards to the needs and quality of services.
- Produce the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and end of project reports to project manager, BDN main office, MoPH and donor.
- Provide training opportunities and capacity building.
- Involve in developing a monthly, quarterly and annual Micro Work-Plan as well as following it up.
- Promote, adheres to, and observes the to against accidental infection and raise staff awareness to ensure practices of all procedures to reduce the risk of infection
- Analyze the collected data of HFs, sharing it with the related departments.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Balkh
- MD/ Equivalent medical degree from university certified by relevant higher education authority in Afghanistan.
- At least three years full time experience in managing of provincial health projects/Technical health positions.
- Training received in RH, EPI, TB , Nutrition , IMCI, and HMIS.
- Certificate in English language.
- Excellent computer knowledge.
Please submit your cover letter and C.V to the below mentioned submission email address and indicate clearly the position title and vacancy reference number in the subject of your e-mail for which you are applying.