|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (JACK):
The perception for the formation of the non-governmental organizations in Afghanistan indeed, was a most welcome move, especially under conditions that Afghanistan was engulfed with the most severe war and the country was experiencing a difficult era due to internal instability. To render possible assistance to those in need inside the country and to mitigate the sufferings of the displaced Afghans in the neighboring countries, some Afghan NGOs were established and with the direct support of the donor agencies they have done a good job in assisting the needy ones since their inception. Just for Afghan Capacity and Knowledge (JACK) is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-sectarian organization (Afghan National NGO), created at the initiative of a group of Afghan Professionals in 2001. Since its establishment it has been involved in the implementation of different projects in different provinces and areas all over the country, serving the most entitled populations. JACK, since its establishment, has been operating in full coordination and collaboration with the communities, government institutions, NGOs and other stakeholders in order to offer services to the people in the most qualitative level. JACK strives to save lives, to promote human dignity and to expose and confront oppression. JACK provides assistance to refugees, victims of disaster, disabled people, marginalized group of women, children and men, and others who suffer and are in need of relief assistance regardless of race, nationality, religion, political affiliations, region and language.
Accountable to Health Program Coordinator and Project Manager. The delegate acts as Deputy Technical Manager in Kunduz Sehatmandi project; He will have overall responsibility for the health management and implementation in close coordination and collaboration with the project manager. Technically has close supervision on CBHC officer, Quality assurance, HMIS and Pharmacy departments and health facilities and all health and nutrition related tasks and issues.
Provinces to travel:
- Efficiency, result-oriented and excellent management capabilities,
- Ability of problem solving and conflict resolution,
- Capacity to perform effectively under pressure and harsh conditions; ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner,
- Excellent capacity development and teamwork skills; cross-cultural and gender sensitivity,
- Ability to travel throughout country,
- Respect confidentiality of organization,
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Prepare annual project work-plan/action-plan for the project in accordance with SEHAT Project requirements with field staff and project manager.
· Manage over all implementation of the work-plan in the field.
· Up-date job description for health staff with them.
· Up-date the medicines order, medical material and equipment according to BPHS standards
· Insure provision of medical and none medical supply to the facilities through related department/section.
· Implement properly the established norms and standards for achievements according BPHS and MoPH standards policy.
· Facilitate monthly meetings for different field health workers.
· According HMIS analyzing and supervision, monitoring reports from the field and give feedback.
· Assessments of districts health profile and help in determination of catchments’ areas and project target according live of project
· Actively take part in Training needs assessments process of health facilities technical staff with quality assurance officers and provides on the job training plan for the health facilities technical staff.
· Undertake regular quality control, collection and analysis of data and information;
· Take active role in all kind of survey (household survey) for evaluation of health services impact in community.
· Assist and contribute to the development, production and supply of training materials/ modules/manuals for project related training and education;
· Responsible for all related reports.
· Assisting HR officer for recruitment of technical staff.
· Provides expert support to other departments in the development of JACK policy and guideline responsive to current and future needs;
· Report field activities on monthly basis.
· Take acting provincial manager responsibility in absence of provincial manager
· To ensure inventory of all asset and maintain of health facilities.
· Perform any other required project-related tasks.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kunduz
- At least 5 years of proven experience at field BPHS,
- Strong communications skills,
- Fluent English ,Pashto, and Dari with excellent speaking and writing skills,
- Proficient computing skills – word processing, spreadsheet design and presentations.