|Date Posted:||Apr 12, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Apr 18, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||45000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The position is based in Kabul and close work with NSP country Manager, constant traveling to the filed to monitor and support site Engineers in project designing etc.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
To provide construction facilities with inspection and quality control services and support to improve inspection quality systems, construction processes and construction quality.
You will manage the companyâ€™s quality system by ensuring that appropriate procedures are in place and being followed consistently and are in compliance with the relevant standard.
The Design / Monitor Engineer would be on the Central office and site and be familiar with the, Standards for quality control system.
The responsibilities of the civil Engineer will include but are not limited to:
0. Fully familiar with NSP (National Solidarity Program).
1. Provide direct service to site supervisor in inspection quality applications, tools techniques and systems.
2. Participate and support inspection quality improvement processes based on a range of tools and techniques.
3. Ability to generate and improve upon inspection instructions and concise inspection reports.
4. Flexibility to regulate work in different environments across the site.
5. Project monitoring/evaluation and report writing.
6. Ensure effectiveness and efficiency of the project.
7. Determine project seasonal duration for project implementation.
8. Having an appropriate work plan for his activities.
9. Knowledge of international standard construction materials, laboratory equipments and testing is desirable.
10. Check and study Scope of work, Technical requirements, Drawings and Specification.
11. Be aware of Construction and Design submittals and its approval.
12. Estimate quantity of construction materials in accordance to update designs and submittals.
13. Checking estimations of site engineers and quantity of materials requested by them and ensure these quantities are accurate.
14. Designing of MHP (Micro-Hydro-Power), Irrigation and any other projects project with full estimation and technical assessment of raw material.
15. Monitoring from site projects.
Applicant's Qualification and abilities MUST meet the following:
- BSc in Civil engineering or Hydraulic
-3-5 years work Experience as a Design engineer, monitor engineer and quality control.
- Able to operate communicate and Comprehend in English and local languages.
- Able to give technical instruction to the Site Engineers.
- Have full knowledge of Ms Office, Auto CAD, civil 3D, Safe and any other Soft ware required for working in an office.
- Able to prepare required estimation formats.
- Ensure adequate documentation system in the main office.
â€¢ Technical expertise in the areas of data analysis, M and E systems design, implementation and management;
â€¢ Demonstrated proficiency in English language, both written and spoken, in addition to two main local languages, Dari and Pashto, English;
â€¢ Advanced computer skills;
â€¢ Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
â€¢ Ability to work under pressure;
â€¢ Ability to take initiative and think creatively;
â€¢ Be able to supervise other team members;
â€¢ Excellent communication and organizational skills;
â€¢ Excellent cross-cultural skills, ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment, with respect, professionalism and gender sensitivity.