|Date Posted:||Oct 16, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 - 15 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees (20% women), FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches (including one women only branch). The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 180,000 (23% women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The Consultant will impart classroom training topics such as the minimum requirements for setting up the mobile money business/agent network, manage agent operations, team structures, partnerships, pricing, interoperability challenges, technology platforms, major implementation challenges and controls framework/risk mitigation.
The workshop will also impart basic knowledge on how to navigate challenges of regulation, agent and technology risks, and scaling up. FMFB-A expects a dynamic and practical learning environment for this training with a number of real-world examples and case studies
Content will be arranged in the form of slides, videos, animations, interactive exercises, quizzes and more.
Participants from various levels within a bank, different functional responsibilities (front, middle and back offices) will equally benefit from the product knowledge that will be delivered. At the end of the workshop, participants should have a clear understanding of how to apply important decision frameworks to various components of a mobile money business.
S/he must have in-depth knowledge and practical experience of mobile money reflected by employment experience at a mid-senior level with leading MFS players with proven experience in developing relevant offerings, pricing strategies, and retailing procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The specific topics to be covered during the program must include detailed sessions on (but not limited to):
- Introduction to Mobile Money/Branchless Banking.
- Minimum requirements to start MM.
- Understanding how MM fits into the local regulatory environment.
- Organization and infrastructure considerations.
a. Organizational design.
b. Key decisions that impact a platform implementation.
- Preparing and executing a Go To Market Plan.
a. KYC requirements for customers and agents.
c. Toolkit for agent management.
d. E-money management – flows transactions on mobile handset.
e. OTC and self-service channels.
- Connecting to the Bigger Ecosystem.
The key deliverable must include:
- 5-day classroom training workshop to be conducted in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Illustrate a MM roll out from conception to launch – 1 day.
- Key reference materials, handouts of information discussed in the training sessions, relevant supporting documents and case studies (if any) will be distributed among st the participants.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Master’s Degree in Digital Finance.
- Certified Digital Finance Operationalizing Mobile Money.
- The consultant should have minimum 10 years of hands-on experience in setting up mobile money/branchless banking at a leading Mobile Financial Services (MFS) operator (preferably Business, Risk, and/or Operations background) and should have carried out similar training assignments in the past.