|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 23, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The jobholder will be responsible for managing ADCs / Mobile Money business at FMFB-A. The role entails overseeing all aspects related to Phone Banking, ATM/Debit cards program, branchless banking/mobile money initiatives and other DFS like Internet Banking, SMS Banking, and loan appraisals through Digital Field Application.
The position requires strong project management skills to plan, pilot, and launch according to budget, resources and timeline. It requires extensive techno-commercial skills and may require collaborating with Payments Ecosystem players, Mobile Network Operators (MNOs), MM platform suppliers, and technology vendors.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Must be hands-on with branchless banking (business case development, legal and regulatory compliance, product offerings, bank integration, training, agent network management and back-office operations).
- Demonstrable experience of consulting with wide range of staff, managers, and stakeholders.
- Knowledge and skills in computer usage including Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience of Digital Financial Services policy and advocacy/influencing work at national level if needed.
- Willingness and fitness to travel for sustained periods of time and to the field across Afghanistan.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a keen aptitude and desire to learn.
- Familiarity with microfinance (preferred, not required).
- Excellent understanding of innovative technologies, transformative business models, and their effect on the banking industry in developing countries.
- Must abide by and uphold the Bank's “code of conduct” and Values-based banking charter.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop concept notes/business cases for all new ADC/digital banking initiatives.
- Lead the cross-functional team for piloting and implementing ADCs (Phone Banking, Cards, Internet Banking, SMS Banking) and ensure ongoing improvement based on client research; this will involve project road mapping, monitoring and evaluation, and resolving compliance/risk-related issues.
- Setting and meeting Phone Banking performance targets for speed, efficiency and quality of query/problem resolution.
- Develop and implement card offerings; own the end-to-end customer experience for ATM cards; drive penetration, activation and first-time usage at various channels.
- Handling customer complaints/escalations related to new channels.
- Ensure timely reporting of the DFS portfolio indicators and work towards improving month on month usage.
- Develop strategy for branchless banking and ensure compliance of BB related requirements from the central bank.
- Liaise with external service providers (such as Afghanistan Payment Systems, MasterCard; Mobile Money Platform Providers etc).
- Establish and monitor servicing relationships with internal and external parties, including back- and front-office staff, agents, networks, and other service-providers.
- Actively evaluate and ensures IT security and Compliance requirements are built in every self-service delivery channel in consultation with Technology/Compliance to minimize or eliminate opportunity for fraud.
- Engage support staff to minimize downtime and maximize transaction processing uptime at all channels.
- Interpret statistics and the performance levels of all channels and submit reports to Management.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Banking, Finance or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience of working in DFS streams of commercial banks/Mobile Network Operators/payment systems.
- At least 4 years’ experience managing projects and provide advice to head of department on project related discussion.