|Date Posted:||Mar 28, 2010|
|Reference:||ARTF/ GDPDM /MCP/273/03/10|
|Closing Date:||Apr 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Design and draft effective policies in accordance with strategy and objectives of MoE and W to implement water projects throughout the country
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister).
2. Design and draft effective policies in accordance with the work plan of Deputy Minister of Water to achieve desired objectives.
3. Manage and lead the respective personnel under the supervision of the relevant Directorate
4. Design and draft water policies based on perspective, mission and strategy of MoE and W
5. Present formulated policy to the relevant authorized unit within MoE and W for the implementation of subsequent process
6. Design guidelines and procedures on how to formulate policies for the implementation of water provision programs required in the country.
7. Identify and study the feasibility for the implementation of water policies to achieve anticipated objectives (completing required water projects in the country)
8. Dissemination the approved water policies to achieve the anticipated objectives
9. Take measures to encourage private investment in this area based on the formulated water policies
10. Control and Monitor the implementation process of technical, economic, legal and environmental policies of water
11. Evaluate the quality of the performances of subordinates to improve the level of performance
12. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. Policies, action plan, work plan and necessary system are in place
2. A sound Administration system is in place.
3. Water Policies and procedures are designed and implemented.
4. All required process of water policies are monitored accordingly
5. An effective program for improvement of subordinates is in place.
Reporting and supervisory role:
The Director, design and formulation of Water Policy will report to the Deputy Minister of Water
1. Master degree in Hydrology and Metrology or any other related field (Business Administration, Public Administration) with 3 years of relevant work experience.
2. Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years of relevant experience
3. Written and spoken in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
1. Ability in management and formulation of policies, technical and economic analysis of water requirements.
2. Experience in managing or leading teams Ability to formulate strategies and policies, and create innovative approaches.
3. Strong ability to prioritize workload and meet simultaneous and competing deadlines.
4. Strong communication and organization skills.