|Date Posted:||Jan 29, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 15, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
Director of Donor Coordination and Development Projects has the overall responsibility to ensure that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs coordinates well with the donors and donor community to attract and secure funding as well as develop and manage development projects for the ministry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister).
2. Liaise and coordinate with the Heads of Departments within the ministry to find out specific needs and assist them in designing development plans and programs.
3. Provide support and expertise to the development and implementation of institutional and change management programs in the ministry.
4. Liaise with and establish relations with line ministries and key government institutions to coordinate well common programs across the government.
5. Work with the Heads of Departments to develop concept papers and project proposals afterwards and assist them in presenting those documents to the donors.
6. Ensure that new concept papers and project proposals are followed up and coordinated effectively with the donors and ensure that funding is received.
7. Monitor, assess and report on the current and future development programs to ministryâ€™s leadership and ask for guidance and instructions on key specific issues.
8. Liaise with MOFA provincial representations and missions abroad to identify respective needs; assist and support them in planning and designing program proposals and present the proposals to potential donors to secure funding; and develop and maintain effective reporting and other relationships and communications with MOFA provincial representations, Afghanistanâ€™s missions to and representatives in foreign countries
9. Monitor and oversee the implementation of development projects and change management programs in the ministry, provincial representations and missions abroad.
10. Manage the collection, research and review of information on matters relevant to donor relations and development projects within the ministry.
11. Manage and oversee the work of the Donor Coordination and Development Projects Department and co-ordinate these and other relevant matters with organizations within and outside of the Ministry.
12. Ensure that the personnel of the Donor Coordination and Development Projects Department receive the direction, guidance, information, facilities, education, training and development that they need to perform effectively.
13. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
2. Proper filing and reporting systems are established and maintained within the directorate.
3. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
4. Sound working relations are developed with the donor community.
5. A number of development projects have been established and implemented.
The Director of Donor Coordination and Development Projects shall report to Director General Economic Affairs Division or the Deputy Minister for Political Affairs.
â€“ Minimum requirements:
1. A Masterâ€™s Degree in Political Sciences, Social Sciences or any other related fields with 3 years of relevant experience or a Bachelors degree in the above mentioned fields with 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Excellent Written and spoken, Dari or Pashto and English.
3. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
â€“ Desirable attributes:
â€¢ Practical relevant experience of working with government and international organizations on institutional building, development projects and reform initiatives.
â€¢ Demonstrated expertise in the field of donor relation management and project development and management.
â€¢ Excellent reasoning and negotiation skills; critical thinking ability and able to think strategically.
â€¢ Very good leadership skills and interested to work with a team.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.