|Date Posted:||Dec 22, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 7, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Economy:
The Director, Economic Policy and ANDS Evaluation ensure and arrange for the coordination of the development and implementation of the countryâ€™s economic policy and strategy to speed up the countryâ€™s economic and social growth and development through the management, supervision and utilization of the resources of the Directorate of Economic Policy and ANDS Evaluation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for developing the directorate and its functions and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor;
2. Organize, lead and manage the work of the Directorate and maintain and update a detailed annual work plan for the Directorate;
3. Monitor and control the quality of the work done by the directorate and take measures to further improve overall quality and periodic review and analysis of the national economic policy and strategy
4. Ensure the training need assessment of staff, and arrange for further training as required for the work of the directorate
5. Responsible for the preparation of ANDS Evaluation and Economic and Social Development Progress reports as well as any other reports, policy papers or analyses as required.
6. Advise the DG Policy and brief Senior Staff of Ministry of Economy on issues related to economic policy, poverty analysis and ANDS evaluation;
7. Coordinate and communicate the development and implementation of the countryâ€™s economic policy and strategy to the implementing ministries and government agencies
8. Responsible for the preparation of regular progress reports on the implementation of the government economic policy and strategy by the relevant sectoral ministries and government agencies;
9. Attend the sectoral meetings on drafting and implementation of the economic policy and strategy held within the relevant sectoral ministries and inside the Ministry of Economy;
10. Develop outcome indicators specified in the ANDS, including indexes and economic and social indicators and support the GCC Secretariat in the preparation of quarterly reports to the JCMB.
11. Ensure the identification of â€˜bestâ€™ practice and lessons learned on ANDS implementation and ensure those findings are shared with the relevant stakeholders.
12. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. Strategic plans exist and implemented
2. Action plan implemented
3. The administrative and technical functions of the Directorate operate smoothly and according to rule and regulations
4. The evaluation and analysis system of ANDS and economic policy provides the required information at high standards of accuracy, quality and relevancy to inform strategic decision-making by government organizations involved in ANDS.
5. Relevant sector ministries are aware of their role in properly implementing economic policy.
Reporting and supervisory role:
The Director Economic Policy and ANDS Evaluation shall report to the Director-General Policy and ANDS Monitoring and Evaluation.
1. A Master degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or Economics with 4 years of relevant experience in Sr. positions at national and international organizations. Or a Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 7 years of relevant experience.
3. Written and spoken in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
ïƒ¼ Ability to formulate strategies and policies, and create innovative approaches.
ïƒ¼ Ability to translate general corporate strategies into time-bound strategic action plans and specific operational work plans and field activities.
ïƒ¼ Strong ability to prioritize workload and meet simultaneous and competing deadlines.
ïƒ¼ Strong communication and organization skills.
ïƒ¼ professional demeanour and exhibit a strong sense of responsibility, reliability and ethical posture
ïƒ¼ Ability to use Microsoft office applications and the internet
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.