|Date Posted:||Nov 2, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 14, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Director, Finance will lead and manage the operations of the Finance Directorate in support of the strategic objectives of the Ministry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister).
2. Manages all the activities related to finance, expenditure and financial planning of the Ministry.
3. Assesses current performance and capacity and defines operational work plans with quantified, output-focused and demanding performance targets.
Ensures that appropriate and transparent financial practices are followed throughout the MoM, and contributes to the improvement and streamlining of the current financial management processes across the Ministry.
4. Takes a lead role in the Ministryâ€™s financial planning process, including; regular reporting to the Director General Administration and Finance and the Minister on performance in key result areas.
5. Ensures that the budget proposals put forward by the Ministry, support the Ministryâ€™s strategic goals and objectives and manages the Ministryâ€™s Budget, including; Preparation and submission of the annual draft budget to the Ministry of Finance, providing to the Ministry of Finance any information needed for revision of the approved budget, for allowing apportionment and allotment of the annual and any revised budget appropriations for the Ministry.
6. Manages the Ministryâ€™s financial reporting to fulfill all of the financial and other management reporting requirements, in accordance with prescribed Ministry of Finance policy and internal MoM requirements, including; Preparation of internal and external financial reports in the format prescribed by the Ministry of Finance.
7. Ensures appropriate and effective financial and compliance systems are operating to record transactions and maintain accounting records in accordance with statutory requirements of the Government of Afghanistan and Ministry policy.
8. Provides support to analyze and review the areas of expenditure for necessity and reasonableness against strategic goals, program requirements, and Ministryâ€™s policy to minimize waste and maximize efficiency.
9. Transfer knowledge, skills and appropriate attitudes to other personnel within the Ministry so as to increase managerial ability, motivation and confidence in discharging the Ministryâ€™s responsibilities.
10. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
2. A proper system of developing work plans and carrying them out are in place.
3. Proper filing and reporting systems are established and maintained within the directorate.
4. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
5. All financial planning and reporting requirements are in accordance with prescribed Government policy.
6. All finance related activities of the directorate are managed effectively
7. Documents for appropriate and transparent financial practices are exist
The Director, Finance shall report to the Director General Administration and Finance.
â€“ Minimum requirements:
1. A Masterâ€™s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or any related fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
2. A Bachelorâ€™s degree in similar fields with 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Written and spoken, Dari or Pashto and English.
4. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
â€“ Desirable attributes:
1. Financial Management background with experience in one or more Government agencies
2. Recognized trainings in the fields of financial management, financial planning, strategic planning, budgeting, and policy formulation.
3. Knowledge and understanding of Afghanistanâ€™s relevant legislation and GoIRA financial management practices.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.