|Date Posted:||Oct 25, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 10, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Capacity Building for Result (CBR) IARCSC:
The Director Finance and Accounts will be responsible for providing leadership on all issues relating to finance and accounts matters in the Ministry. He/She will have to overall responsibilities of performance over the entire range of finance and accounts issues in the Ministry e.g planning, organizing, leading and controlling the operational and development budget, monitoring, reporting and, austerity management in public expenditure, implementation of financial laws and regulations, leading and managing delivery of administrative, logistic and supplementary requirements of the ministry etc and continues capacity development of staff of Finance and Accounts Directorate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister);
2. Administer annual budgets of the concerned directorates based on their requirements.
3. Disburse the operational and development budgets to the concerned directorates in the center and provinces.
4. Assess and monitor the expenditure of operational and development budget by central and provincial directorates.
5. Develop accurate plans for payrolls, procurement and reservations to stocks
6. Develop and maintain the finical activities documentation for finance and accounting activities such as budgeting, accounting, and payrolls of the ministry in coordination with the relevant directorates of the ministry.
7. Monitor all finical activities relating to payrolls, accounting and budgetary expenditures and allocations.
8. Establish better coordination and cooperation with the provincial directorates.
9. Recognize and establish income resources as well as to collect and monitor ministryâ€™s incomes in the center and provinces.
10. Provide guidance to staff of finance and accounts directorate in solving their work related issues or problems.
11. Develop and motivate the finance and accounts directorate staff so that they could achieve the objectives of the directorate staff.
12. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. A proper plan is developed and implemented.
2. Proper financial and accounting systems are in place.
3. A set of financial procedures are developed.
4. An effective system of financial statements is put in place.
5. An effective filing system is established.
Reporting and supervisory role:
The Director Finance and Accounts will report to (Minister or Deputy Minister).
- Minimum requirements
1. A Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management or Economics with 5 years of relevant experience,
2. A Masterâ€™s degree in similar fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
3. Written and spoken English, Dari or Pashto
4. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Desirable attributes
1. Financial Management background with experience in one or more Government agencies.
2. Able to work successfully and productively in a team environment and deal with multiple tasks successfully.
3. Ability to formulate and implement policies in the relevant field.
4. Proven analytical, planning and organizing skills
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.