|Date Posted:||Jul 24, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 5, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Mines:
The Director General Administration and Finance will lead and manage the operations of the Administration and Finance General Directorate in support of the strategic objectives of the Ministry of Mines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of appointment, assesses current performance and capacity and defines clear, actionable, medium-term strategic plan for the General Directorate Administration and Finance, which supports the Ministry of Mineâ€™s mission and vision, objectives and priorities and drives day-to-day behavior of all employees within the division.
2. Takes responsibility for the timeliness and accuracy of advice on all financial, personnel and administrative matters handled within the Ministry of Mines.
3. Take all necessary and appropriate steps to deal with infringement in the application of internal and external rules relating to financial management and administration in compliance with Government of Afghanistan laws and regulations and the internal procedures of MoM.
4. Exercises appropriate delegations and takes final responsibility for the quality and consistency of all documents that require final signature of the Deputy Minister/Minister before leaving the Ministry of Mines.
5. Acts as a Chief Accounting Officer for MoM and ensures all financial resources are fully recorded and reported on, according to legislative requirements. Exercises financial delegations from the Deputy Minister/Minister. Responsible for ensuring the Deputy Minister/Minister (as Chief Financial Officer) can sign off on annual accounts or major procurements with confidence;
6. Ensures that the Ministry of Mines has solid financial planning and budgeting in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Finance. In coordination with the Executive Management team of the Ministry, oversees regular monitoring of performance-to-budget and ensures that robust systems and controls governing all financial operations are in place.
7. Contributes to the improvement and streamlining of the current administrative and financial processes.
8. Takes the lead in developing and documenting procedures for all financial, procurement, administrative and personnel matters in MoM, in accordance with new and emerging legislation and international standards of practice;
9. Oversees the development and implementation of plans for provincial expansion of the Ministry of Mines.
10. Ensures that the Ministry of Minesâ€™ office, technical and technological infrastructure in Kabul and in the provinces is adequate to its needs.
11. Acts as part of the Executive Management team for the Ministry of Mines and coordinates all key activities and initiatives of the General Directorate, Administration and Finance.
12. Builds and maintains strong relationships with variety of relevant stakeholders, including national and international government and non-government organizations.
1. A proper medium â€“ term strategic plan is established and implemented.
2. An effective system of financial planning and budgeting is established.
3. A functional and efficient system of budget monitoring is put in place.
4. Proper documenting procedures for all financial, procurement and administration are developed.
5. A proper mechanism for sustainable transfer of capacity is developed within the department.
6. An appropriate recording, filing and reporting system is established.
The Director General Administration and Finance shall report to the Deputy Minister Administration and Finance.
- Minimum requirements
1. A Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or any related fields with 5 years of relevant experience.
2. A Masterâ€™s degree in similar fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
3. Written and spoken, Dari or Pashto and English.
4. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Desirable attributes
1. Knowledge of procurement process and asset care.
2. Political and analytical skills of high order, as well as the ability to organize and delegate responsibility.
3. Excellent report writing and communication skills.
4. Good personal management skills particularly to be able to bring organizational and cultural changes over time.
5. Able to work successfully and productively in a team environment and deal with multiple tasks successfully
6. Ability to formulate and implement policies in the relevant field
7. Ability to plan, organize, lead and monitor major organization
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.