|Date Posted:||Dec 13, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Dec 25, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock :
The Director General, Agricultural Extension will be working under Deputy Minister Technical of the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and will be responsible overall management and leadership of the directorate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister).
2. Plan, lead, manage, monitor and evaluate overall tasks of the directorate for effective, efficient and accountable delivery of ministerial responsibilities.
3. Develop and propose strategy and policy for developing /growing relevant sector of Agriculture Research Institute.
4. Develop and prepare plans for developing/ growing relevant sector of agriculture research institute.
5. Develop and implement cadres training programs with coordination of HR department.
6. Present recommendation regarding genetic, biological diversity and ecosystem protection.
7. Make effort to attract donorsâ€™ aids and strengthen good communication and relationship with them particularly in regard to agriculture and livestock researches.
8. Develop and propose development projects considering priorities and requirements and follow up the procedures in order to get them approved and obtain/gain fund.
9. Identify problems and deficiencies of the department and research sector; find out the root causes and solutions.
10. Organize and utilize human resources, tools and equipments and identify budget.
11. Strengthen relations with provincial and district agriculture offices, continuously guide their relevant sections and provide necessary aids and assistances to the pastoral community, farmers and other pastoral residents.
12. Identify the needs for developing new legislative documents and manuals and for their revision or completion in regard to development objectives of the sector and present recommendation about them. In addition manage and organize implementing laws, other legislative documents and manuals of agriculture research institute.
13. Support positive initiatives and innovations of the staffs, cooperative organizations, private investors, cooperatives and residents in improving productivity, increasing agriculture products and efficient usage of producing agents.
14. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. Effective strategy and policy for developing /growing relevant sector of Agriculture Research Institute is developed.
2. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
3. A proper system of developing work plans and carrying them out are in place.
4. A number of legal documents, procedures and project are developed in the relevant sectors.
5. Institution capacity of MAIL is enhanced both at national and sub-national levels.
6. Proper filing and reporting systems are established and maintained within the directorate.
7. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
Reporting and supervisory role:
The Director General, Agricultural Extension shall directly report to the Deputy Minister for Technical Affairs.
1. A Masterâ€™s degree in Agriculture, Business Administration, Public Administration with 3 years of relevant experience. And a Bachelorâ€™s degree in similar fields with 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Written and spoken English, Dari or Pashto.
3. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Desirable attributes
1. Recognized trainings in the field of agriculture, biodiversity and ecosystem as well as policy and strategy development.
2. Extensive experience in the field of agriculture, training, policy formulation, project design, implementation and evaluation.
3. Experience in relevant fields in national and international organization.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.