|Date Posted:||May 22, 2011|
|Closing Date:||May 30, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Capacity Building for Result (CBR) IARCSC:
The Director General, Education Monitoring has the overall responsibility to monitor the educational procedure in order to enhance the quality of teaching and learning in Afghanistan.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan and work plan for revamping the planning and policy development of the Organization in agreement with his supervisor.
2. Organize, plan, coordinate, lead and control of the relevant departments and evaluation of the employeeâ€™s performance.
3. Design and codification of policies according to the entire goal of the Ministry and take the lead and management of Educational Monitoring Coordination Affairs Department and Educational Monitoring Policy Department.
4. Approve the executive operation plan of the relevant departments and monitor its implementation.
5. Control and oversee the implementation of goals and programs of the department in accordance to the entire aspirations of the Ministry.
6. Comprehend and evaluate the strategic plan, laws, rules and regulations of the Ministry.
7. Control and observe of policy design and methods of the educational monitoring and apply correction.
8. Evaluate and monitor the tasks performance of the relevant departments and the provincial monitoring head offices.
9. Provide efficient consultations and designs in order to enhance the quality of education within the country.
10. Indentify and propose the budget requirements of the relevant departments according to the yearly monitoring plan and evaluate provincial educational monitoring programs.
11. Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports of the task performance for the office of the Deputy Minister of Education.
12. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence
1. Development and implementation of the action plan.
2. An effective education strategic plan is developed.
3. An operational plan exists for the Ministry setting forth its mission, aims, and objectives, methods of work, policies and procedures
4. Existence of a comprehensive future plan for ministryâ€™s programs.
5. Existence of an organized reporting system.
6. Established plans and policies with the overall objectives of the Organization.
7. An effective mechanism for sustainable transfer of capacity is developed within the department.
The Director General, Education Monitoring will report to the Deputy Minister of Education.
1. A Bachelor degree in Education, Business Administration, Development Studies, Public Administration, Public Policy, or any other related fields with 4 years of relevant experience. (A Master degree is preferred).
2. Have good communication skills both written and verbal in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills in MS. Office are required.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.