|Date Posted:||Feb 27, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 13, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Holding Group:
The Director General, General Education has the responsibility for designing, planning, organizing, leading, controlling, monitoring and evaluation, and providing facilities of the overall tasks performance of the relevant directorates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister);
2. Plan, organize, coordinate, control, lead, evaluate and supply facilities for the related directorates.
3. Organize and arrange the work plan of the relevant departments and approval of the plan of the relevant directorates.
4. Organize and propose the budget requirements according to the annual working plan and assess the financial and accounting affairs of the General Education Directorate.
5. Provide efficient and effective consultation for the better performance of the tasks according to the entire goals and strategic programs of the Ministry.
6. Design and improve the laws, guidelines, rules, regulations and departments performance approach for the better implementation of the strategic plan of the Ministry.
7. Read and observe of the designed policies and apply correction for further enrichment and improvement.
8. Oversee the challenges, obstacles, achievements, weaknesses and strengths in order to design programs and policies for the increment of the education quality.
9. Provide efficient consultations and designs in order to enhance the quality of education within the country and control and oversee the implementation of the contracts in accordance to the law.
10. Maintain coordination and relationship with the donorsâ€™ community in order to attract the support for the programs accomplishment proficiently.
11. Provide working environment between the provincial and center professional workers to exchange educational thoughts as to resolve the educational constraints.
12. Develop a comprehensive monthly, quarterly and annual reporting mechanism of the task performance and submit to his/her supervisor.
13. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. A proper plan is developed and implemented.
2. Appropriate planning policies and methods developed and implemented within relevant departments;
3. National, International, and Regional cooperation, communication and coordination are improved.
4. A proper system for the budget requirements put in place.
5. A proper mechanism for capacity development of the subordinates is developed.
Reporting and supervisory role:
The Director General, General Education will directly report to Deputy Minister for Education.
- Minimum requirements
1. A Masterâ€™s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration and Development Studies with 3 years of relevant experience, or a Bachelor degree in similar fields with 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Written and spoken English, Dari or Pashto
3. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.