|Date Posted:||Oct 28, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About General Directorate of Programs and Design:
The General Director, Livestock and Animal Health will be based in the General Directorate Livestock and Animal Health of the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and will be responsible for overall management and leadership of the directorate. S/he will have the overall responsibility of coordinating the effective operation of the directorate within the ministry, coordination with the provincial representative offices of animal health section, making sure there are adequate veterinary doctor in all provinces to make sure animal diseases could be kept under control, make sure all staff have work plans and make efforts for continuous capacity development of staff at all levels.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plans for all relevant directorates in agreement with his/her supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister) and in accordance with the Ministry Master Plan.
2. Provide required direction and advise to improve performances and resolve the problems of relevant sections and monitor and control daily operations of relevant sections for improving work quality.
3. Attract organizations and donor countries aids that help to develop government and private livestock projects in order to improve animal health and livestock sector of the country.
4. Take required decisions and measures for resolving the problems, establish coordination with relevant sections and involved organizations and identify training and technical training needs.
5. Control project implementation and expenditure of budget allocations of the relevant department.
6. Control, monitor and evaluate animal health service delivery in order to improve quality of veterinary and livestock services.
7. Organize scientific and advisory council in respect to technical, fundamental and veterinary aspects with cooperation of leadership delegation.
8. Represent the ministry in internal and external conferences to learn and know about new system for veterinary and livestock service delivery.
9. Provide guidance, direction and sound suggestions in all scientific aspects on technical and administration issues in order to remove deficiencies and improve work and operations of relevant fields especially in the fields of veterinary and livestock services.
10. Develop and organize programs for enhancing educational and technical skill levels of employees of the relevant sections like conducting workshops, scientific conferences, training courses and etc.
11. Prepare reports on performances to livestock department on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
1. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
2. A proper system of developing work plans and carrying them out are in place.
3. A number of procedures and projects are developed in the relevant sectors.
4. Institution capacity of MAIL is enhanced both at national and sub-national levels.
5. Proper filing and reporting systems are established and maintained within the directorate.
6. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
7. A proper mechanism for donor relation management is put in place.
8. A number of technical advices and suggestions have been provided to the senior management to improve animal health and Livestock management.
Reporting and supervisory role:
The Director General, Livestock and Animal shall directly report to the Deputy Minister Technical.
- Minimum requirements:
1. A Masterâ€™s degree in Agriculture, veterinary, Business Administration, Public Administration or any other related fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
2. A Bachelorâ€™s degree in similar fields with 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Written and spoken English, Dari or Pashto.
4. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Desirable attributes:
1. Recognized trainings in the field of agriculture, veterinary and animal health and Livestock Management as well as policy and strategy development.
2. Extensive experience in the field of agriculture, training, policy formulation, project design, implementation and evaluation.
3. Experience in relevant fields in national and international organization.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.