|Date Posted:||Aug 30, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 11, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About General Directorate of Programs and Design:
Raising necessary funds for development projects, financial management of development funds, Establish and coordinate relations with donors, supporters and clients of the ministry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for establishing coordination system among directorates of the ministry.
2. Organize Planning system of the relevant departments according to the Ministry Strategy to implement the policy and strategy of the Government in energy and water sector.
3. Identify budget requirements of the related sectors in aligned with the annual work plan of the ministry.
4. Organize the work load and overseeing of the departmentsâ€™ performance according to the plan and perform assessment for the work quality of employeesâ€™ performance in order to extend their employment agreement and/or to find out the training needs.
5. Analyze, study and approve proposed energy and water projects for economic and industrial development, public welfare, poverty and unemployment reduction and coordinate with donors for attraction or donor support.
6. Work on effective strategic planning for the better utilization of energy and water resources.
7. Review work plans of the consulting companies in accordance to the Ministryâ€™s development strategy.
8. Identify energy and water studied development projects to be prepared for investment.
9. Analyze study and prioritize energy and water development projects based on the economical and social needs for submission to the donor authorities.
10. Check and control all technical and financial executive reports of the projects for presenting it to the donor organizations.
11. Make sure that the granted resources provided for the implementation of the energy and water projects programs and present the outcome results for additional support and contribution of stakeholders for donation.
12. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence
1. Implementation of the action plan
2. Policies and assistance strategy framework is in place
3. Increment in the number of projects
4. Reports on the results of the projects
5. Analysis and research documents are in place
6. Financial Management System of development funds in place
The Director General for Donors Relations and Coordination shall report to the Deputy Minister (Executive and Administrative).
â€“ Minimum requirements
1. Bachelor Degree in Economics, Business Administration, electrical engineering or hydraulic.
2. 5 years of experience in the related fields
3. Excellent command of written and spoken English, national and official languages of the country.
4. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
â€“ Desirable attributes
1. Experience of programs of international cooperation
2. Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure;
3. Experience of leading and motivating teams of people towards the achievement of agreed ends.
4. Awareness of explanations concerning project presentation to donors as per their procedure and culture, and ability to raise development fund
5. Excellent analytical, research, report writing and presentation skills
6. Good writing skills, with experience in preparing precise and detailed narrative reports;
7. Willing to devote his or her out of office time to join with other MCP appointees in developing professional skills in leadership and public service management.
Notice of revision
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.