|Date Posted:||Oct 25, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 10, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Holding Group:
The General Director, Planning has the overall responsibility of planning the entire activities of the ministry. The overall purpose of the position is preparation of education strategic plan, preparation of operational plans at national and provincial level, monitoring and evaluation of the plan, preparation of progress reports on plan implementation and coordination between the Ministry of Education programs and provincial education directorates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan and work plan for revamping the planning and policy development of the Organization in agreement with his supervisor.
2. Develop and implement the goals and programs of the department considering governmentâ€™s programs and plans.
3. Lead a process of development planning within which the organizations departments are to identify and agree their intended outputs, outcomes and impact, as well as the steps that will be required to deliver them.
4. Ensure consistency of all plans and policies with the overall objectives of the Organization.
5. Determine work priorities and delegate assignments to Planning Department personnel.
6. Review and prepare the strategic plan and policies of the ministry and lead, manage and monitor the daily affairs of the planning department.
7. Prepare and regular submission of progress reports to relevant authorities of the ministry
8. Undertake a situational analysis of the Ministry and its programs to guide the formation of future plans.
9. Develops information that will assist developers, contractors and the general public understand planning and zoning related items and processes.
10. Coordinate national and sub national programs to plan and report appropriately.
11. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence
1. Development and implementation of the action plan.
2. An effective education strategic plan is developed.
3. An operational plan exists for the Ministry setting forth its mission, aims, and objectives, methods of work, policies and procedures
4. Existence of a comprehensive future plan for ministryâ€™s programs.
5. Existence of an organized reporting system.
6. Established plans and policies with the overall objectives of the Organization.
7. An effective mechanism for sustainable transfer of capacity is developed within the department.
The Director General, Planning will report to the Minister of Education.
1. Masterâ€™s degree in, Business Administration, Development Studies, Public Administration, Economics, Public Policy or any related fields with 3 years of relevant working experience.
2. Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years relevant experience.
3. Have good Communication skills both written and verbal in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills in MS. Office are required.
1. Good Understanding of the Afghanistan Constitution, Afghanistan National
2. Development Strategy and other planning related Legislation.
3. Models strong ethical values and integrity
4. Professional with a positive attitude to work and acts as a role model.
5. Make rational and sound decisions
6. Communicates clearly and confidently in Dari, Pashtu and English.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.