|Date Posted:||Oct 28, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock :
Description of the Post:
The Director General, Policy and Planning shall supervise and coordinate the processes of formulation of policy and strategies for the development of state funded as well as externally funded projects and programs. S/He will be responsible for planning developmental programs for the implementation of the ministry objectives and strategies. At the same time in incumbent will also be responsible for inter-ministry coordination with all stakeholders, including donors, parliament and the public.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plans for all relevant directorates in agreement with his/her supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister) and in accordance with the Ministry Master Plan.
2. Effective management and operation of the planning directorate, including performance of staff; Plan, lead, manage, monitor and evaluate overall tasks of all planning directorate for effective, efficient and accountable delivery of ministerial responsibilities.
3. Develop and implement programs of Ministry in line with MAILâ€™s strategic objectives and programs for the agriculture sector;
4. Establish coordination mechanism between the Minister and specialists and advisors for preparing strategic programs and policies for the ministry;
5. Analyzing and proposing budget requirement according to the annual work plan of the directorate and ensure that all directorates have their plans aligned with the vision, mission and objectives of the ministry.
6. Managing the donor coordination activities; reporting the activities of developmental projects; coordination with other National and International NGOs, who are working in various areas of agriculture sector so that the minister could be made aware of their areas of activities and programs;
7. Coordinate publicity of Ministryâ€™s policies, operations and achievements through Ministryâ€™s spokesperson and play a key role in communication and relation between the Minister and concerned Directors in the Ministry in preparing their annual developmental programs, budgets, monitoring and evaluation framework and their implementation plan;
8. Ensure continuous relation/communication of the Ministry with higher authorities in Government and Parliament, with other organizations and institutions, both internal and external;
9. Coordinate and monitor the activities of National and International NGOs working in the areas of the Agriculture throughout the country.
10. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
2. A proper system of developing work plans and carrying them out are in place.
3. An effective strategic plan of the ministry is developed.
4. Proper filing and reporting systems are established and maintained within the directorate.
5. A proper system of internal and external communication is put in place.
6. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
7. A proper mechanism for donor relation management is put in place.
Reporting and supervisory role:
The Director General, Policy and Planning shall directly report to the Minister.
1. A Masterâ€™s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or any other related fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
2. A Bachelorâ€™s degree in similar fields with 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Written and spoken English, Dari or Pashto.
4. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Desirable attributes:
1. Recognized trainings in the field of strategy development, policy formulation, communication and management.
2. Demonstrated experience in the field of training, policy formulation, project design, implementation and evaluation.
3. Experience in relevant fields in national and international organization.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.