|Date Posted:||Dec 13, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Dec 25, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Public Works:
The Director General, Transport Infrastructure is responsible to draw plans and policicies of transport infrastuctures in accordance to Ministry of Public Works Strategy and He/She is also resposible to monitor programses, manage and control thier implementaion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor.
2. Prepare plans and policies of road maintenance and vigilance for Directorate of Transport Infrastructure on the basis of MoPW strategy and Afghanistan National Development Strategy.
3. To cooperate with Director of Admin and Finance for preparing and foreseeing normal and development budget of Directorate of Transport Infrastructures.
4. Implementing relevant directorate objectives with consideration to government programs and objectives.
5. To monitor objectives implementation and make sure they should be in line with MoPW strategy, managing and leading employees towards implementation of plans.
6. Monitoring sites to make sure that work goes on the basis of plans and establish of communications with national and international organizations to get their attentions for technical support relevant to road maintenances affairs.
7. Prepare road maintenance plans and get approval for implementation. Taking part at meetings in order to present progress reports, remove challenges and be able to organize and implement better affairs of roads maintenance and development.
8. To monitor and assess provincial Directorates performances on road maintenance affairs
9. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence.
1. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
2. A proper road maintenance and vigilance plan on the basis of MoPW strategy and Afghanistan National Development Strategy exists.
3. An appropriate mechanism of coordination with Admin and Finance departments established.
4. Implementation of objectives in line with MoPW strategy monitored.
5. A proper system of reporting and eliminating challenges executed.
6. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
The Director General, Transport Infrastructure, will report to the Technical Deputy Minister of MoPW.
1. A Master degree in Engineering (road construction, civil) with 3 years field experience, And a Bachelor degree in the relevant areas with 5 years field experience.
2. Excellent Written and spoken Dari or Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
1. Broad expertise in making plans and policies of road maintenance and vigilance for Directorate of Transport Infrastructure.
2. Background in training and techniques to capacity building development
3. Ability to work with Admin and Finance Directorate for preparing and foreseeing normal and development budget within Directorate of Transport Infrastructures.
4. Excellent analytical ability and good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Strong and proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate and lead a team or manage a group of professional staff
7. Planning and organizing ability â€“ able to set priorities and plans and monitor work plan against objectives.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.