|Date Posted:||Mar 7, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 19, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About General Directorate of Programs and Design:
The Independent Administration Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 1382 to manage and lead the government’s efforts to reform and improve public administration in Afghanistan so as to meet the development needs of the country. Capacity Building for Results Facility “CBR” is an Afghan led reform and capacity building program, funded through Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) under the Afghan National Budget. CBR program is managed by the Ministry of Finance and IARCSC and is supervised by a Steering Committee which is composed from the Minister of Finance and the Chairman of IARCSC. The CBR aims to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. To help reduce the reliance on externally financed staff, CBR supports the creation of a specialized and highly qualified cadre of civil servants, with the capacity to manage critical government reforms, and ensure that critical services are sustained. Specific capacity and institution building programs will be implemented with systematic monitoring of and reporting on results. All line ministries can participate in CBR, while the level of support is based on results.
The Director General, Transport Infrastructure is responsible to draw plans and policicies of transport infrastuctures in accordance to Ministry of Public Works Strategy and He/She is also resposible to monitor programses, manage and control thier implementaion.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor.
2. Prepare plans and policies of road maintenance and vigilance for Directorate of Transport Infrastructure on the basis of MoPW strategy and Afghanistan National Development Strategy.
3. To cooperate with Director of Admin and Finance for preparing and foreseeing normal and development budget of Directorate of Transport Infrastructures.
4. Implementing relevant directorate objectives with consideration to government programs and objectives.
5. To monitor objectives implementation and make sure they should be in line with MoPW strategy, managing and leading employees towards implementation of plans.
6. Monitoring sites to make sure that work goes on the basis of plans and establish of communications with national and international organizations to get their attentions for technical support relevant to road maintenances affairs.
7. Prepare road maintenance plans and get approval for implementation. Taking part at meetings in order to present progress reports, remove challenges and be able to organize and implement better affairs of roads maintenance and development.
8. To monitor and assess provincial Directorates performances on road maintenance affairs
9. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence.
1. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
2. A proper road maintenance and vigilance plan on the basis of MoPW strategy and Afghanistan National Development Strategy exists.
3. An appropriate mechanism of coordination with Admin and Finance departments established.
4. Implementation of objectives in line with MoPW strategy monitored.
5. A proper system of reporting and eliminating challenges executed.
6. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
The Director General, Transport Infrastructure, will report to the Technical Deputy Minister of MoPW.
1. A Master degree in Engineering (road construction, civil) with 3 years field experience, And a Bachelor degree in the relevant areas with 5 years field experience.
2. Excellent Written and spoken Dari or Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.