|Date Posted:||Jan 22, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 7, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
Description of the Post:
Director of Grants and Audit Directorate in Control and Audit Office is responsible for managing and carrying out final audit of all the donorsâ€™ grants that is routed through the Government treasury. In this, all the World Bank and ARTF grants are essentially audited by Grants Audit Directorate and to manage coordinate functions of the Directorate.
The Director, Grants Audit Directorate will look after the audit of Donorsâ€™ projects which is about its financial statements. The report is crucial for providing assurance to the donors for its continuation. It has to be seen that the project is implemented in accordance with the grants agreement and proper control system is in place and the financial statements provide true and fair view of the project related expenses.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor.
2. Liaison with competent authority, implement instructions and guidance, provide coordination with directorates, expertise of foreigner advisors and auditors and employees to perform audit effectively.
3. Design and organize internal tasks of the Directorate to improve audit and its conclusions.
4. Implement orders, decrees, approvals, decisions and to prepare plans quarterly and annually.
5. Design/Provide the opportunities to audit grants and Participate in commissions which are being audited as per requirements of concerned authorities and donorsâ€™ demand.
6. Ensure realization of instructions, guidance approvals quarterly and annually reports which are received through Chief of Staff and Coordination and Collaboration Departments.
7. Immediately inform CAO about legal violations that are identified by auditors within audited entities and refer legal violations and criminal cases to judiciary organizations after assertion of Plan and Analysis Departments.
8. Submit specific proposals to CAO authorities and consultation board to develop and improve CAO activities.
9. Scrutinize and study of high authority decisions and approvals and CAO instructions on the compound of Control and Audit.
10. Review auditorsâ€™ performances and to nominate representative for grants audit as per CAO directions.
11. Participate in evaluation of proposals, contracts and grants expenditures documents as per donors request and CAO Direction.
12. Physical Audit of projects in centre and provinces including acceptance and refusal of audit findings report, and submit reports of achievements to CAO monthly, quarterly and annually.
13. Design and preparation of audit opinions and management letters regarding audited funds and its submission to concerned entities and participate in CAO steering board and consultation board meetings.
14. Review and analyze the audit reports of financial statements of the projects of external donors and Coordinate the audit arrangements between the CAO, Ministry of Finance and the external donors.
15. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence.
1. An effective auditing system is established.
2. Highly quality of audit on external grants is carried out.
3. Regular Audit reporting mechanism is transplanted.
4. The Audited Financial Statements are in accordance with International Standards and project related activities are being implemented properly as per the grants agreements.
The Director, Grants Audit Directorate will report to Deputy Auditor General (Audit Operations).
â€“ Minimum Requirements:
1. A Master degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics with 3 years of experience/ or a Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years relevant experience.
2. Excellent Written and spoken Dari or Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Desirable Requirements:
1. Ability to formulate strategies and policies and create innovative approaches.
2. Ability to translate general corporate strategies into time-bound strategic action plans and specific operational work plans and field activities.
3. Strong ability to prioritize workload and meet simultaneous and competing deadlines.
4. Strong Communication and organization skills.
5. Professional demeanor and exhibit a strong sense of responsibility, reliability and ethichal posture.
6. Ability to use Microsoft office application and the internet.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.