|Date Posted:||Jan 8, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Jan 23, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghan National Standards Authority:
The Independent Administration Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 1382 to manage and lead the government’s efforts to reform and improve public administration in Afghanistan so as to meet the development needs of the country. Capacity Building for Results Facility “CBR” is an Afghan led reform and capacity building program, funded through Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) under the Afghan National Budget. CBR program is managed by the Ministry of Finance and IARCSC and is supervised by a Steering Committee which is composed from the Minister of Finance and the Chairman of IARCSC. The CBR aims to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. To help reduce the reliance on externally financed staff, CBR supports the creation of a specialized and highly qualified cadre of civil servants, with the capacity to manage critical government reforms, and ensure that critical services are sustained. Specific capacity and institution building programs will be implemented with systematic monitoring of and reporting on results. All line ministries can participate in CBR, while the level of support is based on results.
The Director Human Resources will lead and manage the operations of the Human Resources Directorate.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the implementation and administration of all Human Resource policies, programs and practices in the organization.
2. Leads the development of department goals, objectives and systems.
3. Takes all appropriate actions as required to ensure skills transfer and knowledge from HR Director to the HR staff.
4. Responsible for the development of work plan for the Department.
5. Ensure all HR staff develops work plans and institute and monitor a regular reporting schedule against work plans.
Recruitment and selection:
1. Ensures all recruitment policies, procedures and practices are followed in accordance with all relevant laws and Civil Service guidelines.
2. Reviews, monitors and evaluates the compliance and effectiveness of all Ministry recruitment processes.
Training and development:
1. Assesses the training needs of the HR Department and designs and implements training programmes for HR staff, including training provided by the Civil Service Institute /other training providers.
2. Provides support and assistance to other organization staff in the development of human resources , training needs assessments, and the implementation of training programmes
3. Responsible for the provision of ANSA wide training reports to the Administrative Deputy Director General.
1. Plans, develops, implements and administers programs, procedures and guidelines for performance management in the organization, in accordance with IARCSC guidelines.
2. Leads the implementation of a performance management system.
3. Provides HR support and advice to other managers and staff within the organization on performance management and performance appraisal.
1. Proper strategic, action and work plans are developed, modified and put in to action.
2. An effective regular reporting procedure is adopted.
3. Develop and co-ordinate, in association with IARCSC, all recruitment programmes for the organization.
4. Assist other organization managers in the development of high quality job descriptions and approve all job descriptions for the Ministry.
5. Develop and implement training programmes for Departmental staff.
6. Performance management and performance appraisals system implemented in the organization in accordance with all laws and Civil Service guidelines.
The Director, Human Resources will report to the Administrative Deputy Director General/or Director General.
1. A Master degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or related fields with 3 years of relevant experience, Or a Bachelor degree in similar fields with 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Written and spoken English and written and spoken Dari or Pashto.
3. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
1. Recognized trainings in the field of Human Resources, Strategy Development, Policy Formulation and Human Resources Planning.
2. Human Resources background with excellent knowledge of the laws and IARCSC guidelines as they apply to civil servants in Afghanistan.
3. Practical experiences in the field of Human Resources management, planning and development.
4. Demonstrated experience in report writing, developing procedures and extensive understanding of HR Laws and regulation both in national and international contexts.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.