|Date Posted:||Dec 29, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 12, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Capacity Building for Result (CBR) IARCSC:
The HR Director will lead the overall activities of the HR directorate and will supervise (Human Resources team).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the implementation and administration of all Human Resource policies, programs and practices in the Ministry
2. Leads the development of department goals, objectives and systems
3. Takes all appropriate actions as required to ensure skills transfer and knowledge from HR Director to the HR staff
4. Responsible for the development of work plan for the Department
5. Ensure all HR staff develop work plans and institute and monitor a regular reporting schedule against work plans
Recruitment and selection:
1. Ensures all recruitment policies, procedures and practices are followed in accordance with all relevant laws and Civil Service guidelines
2. Reviews, monitors and evaluates the compliance and effectiveness of all Ministry recruitment processes
Training and development:
1. Assesses the training needs of the HR Department and designs and implements training programmes for HR staff, including training provided by the Civil Service Institute /other training providers
2. Provides support and assistance to other Ministry staff in the development of human resources , training needs assessments, and the implementation of training programmes
3. Responsible for the provision of Ministry wide training reports to the Deputy Minister
1. Plans, develops, implements and administers programs, procedures and guidelines for performance management in the Ministry, in accordance with IARCSC guidelines
2. Leads the implementation of a performance management system
3. Provides HR support and advice to other managers and staff within the Ministry on performance management and performance appraisal.
1. Proper strategic, action and work plans are developed, modified and put in to action.
2. An effective regular reporting procedure is adopted.
3. Develop and co ordinate, in association with IARCSC, all recruitment programmes for the Ministry
4. Assist other Ministry managers in the development of high quality job descriptions and approve all job descriptions for the Ministry.
5. Develop and implement training programmes for Departmental staff.
6. Performance management and performance appraisals system implemented in the Ministry in accordance with all laws and Civil Service guidelines.
The Human Resources Director, will report to the (Minister or Deputy Minister)
- Minimum requirements:
1. A Master degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or related fields with 3 years of relevant experience, Or a Bachelor degree in similar fields with 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Written and spoken English and written and spoken Dari or Pashto
3. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
1. Recognized trainings in the field of Human Resources, Strategy Development, Policy Formulation and Human Resources Planning.
2. Human Resources background with excellent knowledge of the laws and IARCSC guidelines as they apply to civil servants in Afghanistan.
3. Practical experiences in the field of Human Resources management, planning and development.
4. Demonstrated experience in report writing, developing procedures and extensive understanding of HR Laws and regulation both in national and international contexts.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.