|Date Posted:||Feb 5, 2011|
|Reference:||ARTF/ GDPDM /MCP/381/02/2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 19, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Attorney General :
Description of the Post:
The Director Human Resources will lead and manage the operations of the Human Resources Directorate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
â€¢ Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor.
â€¢ Manage and advise on all the activities related Human Resources of the Attorney General Office.
â€¢ Oversee the duties of the Human Resource Managers, ensuring that Human Resources rules and regulations are completed correctly. Support the HR staff in the execution of their duties.
â€¢ Develop and coordinate, in association with the IARCSC, all AG Recruitment Programs, approve the description of duties and responsibilities and the job classification.
â€¢ Review, monitor, and evaluate the effectiveness of the selection process in meeting affirmative action goals and objectives.
â€¢ Oversee the duties of Manager Training, training plans and facilities are provided as and when required to AG Staff and that training reports are completed in a timely manner, and review them before they are passed to his/her supervisor.
â€¢ Ensure that all HR staff members have monthly activity plans and that Monthly reports of staff members of the HR Directorate are received before the deadline and make sure that proper follow up and advice is provided to staff members.
â€¢ Ensure that all AG staff adheres to the HR rules and regulations of the AG.
â€¢ Supervise the routine Human Resources coordination meetings.
â€¢ Monitor and supervise the work of the officers in Human Resources Directorate, and provide direction to any changes and reform processes.
â€¢ Supervise, and assist where appropriate, the Managers in the development of Human Resources/Training Guidelines and Policies, and supervise their effective and efficient implementation.
â€¢ Delegate tasks to his/her subordinates to take effective, efficient and timely action.
â€¢ Review and audit staff performance within the Attorney General Office and in the provinces, and recommend for incentives or advice on further improvements in connection with HR laws, HR code of conduct and staff appraisals, in association with the IARCSC.
â€¢ Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
â€¢ A sound Administration and Human Resources Management system in place.
â€¢ Implementation of the action plan.
â€¢ Human Resources Management Policies, Procedures; and necessary system are in place.
â€¢ Establish coordination system for Recruitment Programs in association with the IARCSC.
â€¢ HR Reporting tools are in place.
â€¢ Review, monitor, and evaluate process for selections are in place.
â€¢ Establish an effective coordination system of development programs/projects.
The Director, Human Resources, will directly report to the Deputy Attorney General for Administrative Affairs.
- Minimum requirements:
1. A Master degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Business Development, Public Administration with 3 years of relevant experience in Sr. positions at national and international organizations, or a Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Written and spoken in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Desirable attributes:
1. Candidate must be an Afghan National
2. Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure;
3. Experience of leading and motivating teams of people towards the achievement of agreed ends;
4. Excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills
5. Willing to devote his or her out of office time to join with other MCP appointees in 6 developing professional skills in leadership and public service management.
7. Experience of contract development and monitoring.
8. Must have the knowledge to demonstrate fairness, encourage innovation, achieve results, and demonstrate awareness of the demands and sensitivities of working within a public organization.
9. Must be reliable, honest, objective and hard working.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.