|Date Posted:||Dec 27, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 14, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Communication and Information Technology:
The Director, Institute of Telecommunication and Information Technology has the responsibility of organizing, administration, controlling and supervision of the overall affairs of the Institute to create academic atmosphere for I.T Trainings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor.
2. Develop and implement effectively plans and programs, adequate to the requirement of contemporary science and technologies standards in higher Education.
3. Leads supervise and control all administrative, financial and academic affairs of the institute.
4. Create enabling environment for development of human, technical, institutional and academic resources and capacities of the institute.
5. Apply the provision of related laws, regulations and procedures as well as guidelines of the administration and academic authorities relevant to the institute including the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology (MCIT) and Ministry of Higher Education.
6. Create, develop and maintain technical, institutional and academic relations and networking with national and international peer institutions in the field of higher education and technical development.
7. Lead, supervise and oversee the department and the academic councilâ€™s affairs of the institute and prepare/propose the training curriculum as well as the training plan for all the related departments of the institutes.
8. Supervise, coordinate and keep track of the time table as well as the related courses as per the curriculum and introduce the latest academic concepts and technologies in the curriculum.
9. Conduct and promote ICT related research project and provide professional capacity building opportunities to all the department and staff members.
10. Provide monthly academic and administrative reports to the management of MCIT as well as the academic council of MoHE.
11. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
2. Effective curricula are developed.
3. An appropriate system of developing and training delivery is established.
4. Proper filing, documentation and reporting systems are established and maintained within the directorate.
5. Proper reporting, analysis and briefing mechanisms are established.
6. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
The Director, Institute of Communication and Information Technology shall report to the Minister of Communication and IT.
â€“ Minimum Requirements:
1. A Master degree in Computer Science, Social Science or IT with at least 75 % marks or Master degree in the same field (no failure in any semester in Bachelor or Masters) with 7 years of working experience in the relevant fields.
2. Excellent Written and spoken Dari or Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Desirable Requirements:
1. Strong physical and mental ability to provide effective IT training programs.
2. Having superior analytical, scientific and supervisory skills.
3. Experience of leading and motivating teams of people towards the achievement of the agreed ends.
4. Having enough information of Afghanistanâ€™s administrative procedures, systems and management principles.
5. Having good knowledge of the new and advanced standards of the technology.
6. Strong communication and organization expertises.
7. Good understanding of Afghanistan Governmentâ€™s Law, policies and procedures.
8. Has not been accused of any crimes, or is not accused by any crimes.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.