|Date Posted:||Nov 21, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Dec 3, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Communication and Information Technology:
The Director, Institute of Telecommunication and Information Technology has the responsibility of organizing, administration, controlling and supervision of the overall affairs of the Institute to create academic atmosphere for I.T Trainings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor.
2. Develop effective training programs in the field of information technology, to increase the level of professional knowledge with in the ministry.
3. Oversee the process of employeesâ€™ training and development including the effective management and coordination of the activities of relevant units.
4. Provide scientific advice to increase professional knowledge of departmentsâ€™ staff
5. Deal with administrative affairs and administer the students and personnel of the Institute.
6. Take measures to increase the level of development and reform according to resolutions and rules of Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC)
7. Communicate ordinances, orders and decrees of the government authorities and the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology to all administrative as well as training staff to ensure better performances.
8. Receive reports from relevant units on administration development and educational sections of training center.
9. Provide reports to the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology on the performances of training and administrative sections.
1. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
2. Effective curricula are developed.
3. An appropriate system of developing and training delivery is established.
4. Proper filing, documentation and reporting systems are established and maintained within the directorate.
5. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
The Director, Institute of Communication and Information Technology shall report to the Deputy Minister, Technical.
â€“ Minimum Requirements:
1. A Master degree in Communication, Information Technology or any other related fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
2. A Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years relevant experience.
3. Excellent Written and spoken Dari or Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Desirable Requirements:
1. Recognized Trainings in the field of procurement, contract management, and logistics.
2. Practical experience of drafting bidding documents, project documents and contracts.
3. Demonstrated Experience in the field of training, coaching, capacity development and mentoring.
4. Very good knowledge of Procurement Law, Public Expenditure Law, Tax Law and other relevant procedures of the Country.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.