|Date Posted:||Feb 27, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 11, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Office of Administrative Affairs :
To enhance OAAâ€™s capacity and effectively assist the organization in implementing its Policies and Strategic Objectives and help improve its capacity at the strategic level to deliver services efficiently and effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor.
2. Manage staff and functions of the International Relations Department and develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan for the International Relations Department that is supportive of the strategic objectives of the OAA;
3. Develop implementation framework for the implementation of public relations and outreach strategy;
4. Develop a comprehensive reporting mechanism that considers the information requirements of internal and external stakeholders, and manage its implementation and work with relevant departments and ministries to develop appropriate Coordination systems, policies and methods in the area of International Relations;
5. Identify local partners/subcontractors which will be involved in implementing the public relations and outreach strategy; provide methodology, processes and formats (as needed) with a view to assisting them in identifying and documenting successful experiences and lessons learned;
6. Draft work plan to ensure internal consistency with OAA strategies and success indicators;
7. Ensure that the International Relations Department staff collect data, conduct regular analysis, compile and periodically produce reports as per set timelines, guidelines and department needs;
8. Thoroughly review all proposals of governmental agencies aimed to be submitted for approval of H.E. the president of submission to the council of ministers;
9. Ensure that International Relations Department staff follow-up and resolve inter-ministerial issues with international relations factors in a timely manner;
10. Identify staff training needs and facilitate training on topics including, but not limited to international relations, policy formulation and analysis, management, data collection and report writing;
11. Ensure that collaborative relations are maintained with Ministries and other Governmental Offices on requirements of information gathering and reporting to OAA;
12. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence.
1. Comprehensive strategic plan developed and implemented;
2. Comprehensive reporting mechanism that considers the information requirements of internal and external stakeholders, developed and implemented.
3. Appropriate policies and methods with relevant departments and ministries are developed
4. Consistent reports about the countries International Relations drafted and disseminated.
5. Work plan to ensure internal consistency between OAA public relations and outreach strategy with work plan components, and success indicators developed and implemented.
The International Relations Director will report to Deputy Director General of the Office of Administrative Affairs and Council of Ministers' Secretariat (Policy).
â€“ Minimum Requirements:
1. A Master degree in International Relations, Political Sciences, or Public Administration with 3 years of experience/ or a Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years relevant experience.
2. Excellent Written and spoken Dari or Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.