|Date Posted:||Oct 27, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 8, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Commerce and Industries:
The Director Business Licensing will organize, lead and manage the activities and operations of the Business Licensing Directorate within MoCI. He/she will review the current business legislation and recommend amendments to provide a sound legal framework that is legitimate, consistent and enforceable in Afghanistan. The Director will be responsible for the achievement of the overall objectives of the Business Licensing Directorate through the management, supervision and utilization of the resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for developing the directorate and its functions accordance with rules and regulations and a work plan in agreement with his supervisor; for better quality services delivery and;
2. Lead, organize and manage the activities and operations of the directorate and take appropriate measures to improve the quality of its services;
3. Oversee the implementation of regulations and procedures to issue business licenses comprised of companies, individual, transit and forwarding and trade service licenses (brokerage);
4. Streamline, facilitate, and create effective licensing procedures and increase availability of services to the private sector;
5. Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Licensing Directorate by establishing and maintaining electronic licensing records management;
6. Establish a regular consultation process with the private sector and other stakeholders to obtain their inputs on business licensing reform and other related topics such as creation of complaints and appeal mechanisms;
7. Create close relations with other state entities involved in administrative procedures for obtaining licenses;
8. Manage the extension of IT based licensing services into provinces;
9. Ensure publishing of comprehensive information on licensing and registration requirements and procedures to increase individuals understandings of their rights and obligations and to assist efficient passage through approval systems;
10. Support the development of incentives to encourage companies to license their activities;
11. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
12. Any other related tasks assigned by the supervisors.
a. Action plan for Business Licensing Directorate exist and implemented.
b. Licensing procedures are transformed into a simple, low cost process which assists the growth of the formal private sector in Kabul and key provinces.
c. IT based licensing services introduced and extended to the provinces.
d. An electronic licensing records management is established.
e. Timeliness of licensing processes including renewal is improved.
f. The administrative and technical functions of the Licensing Directorate operate smoothly and according to rule and regulations.
Minister for Commerce and Industry and Deputy Minister for Administration.
1. A Master degree in Business Administration, Economics, Management or other relevant fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
2. A Bachelor degree in the above mentioned fields with 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Written and spoken in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
1. Knowledge and understanding of business licensing process and procedures in Afghanistan and to be familiar with the international best practices in this field.
2. Strong analytical skills and ability to suggest possible solutions to problems.
3. Good verbal and written communication skills.
4. Strong and proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate and lead a team or a group of professional staff.
5. Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations.
6. Planning and organizing ability â€“ able to set priorities and plans and monitor work plan against objectives.
7. Able to produce reports and other documents up to a professional standard.
8. Ability to use Microsoft office applications and the internet.
9. Must be reliable, honest, objective and hard working.