|Date Posted:||May 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 1, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
The Director of Data Management will work closely with the Chief of Party, Monitoring Lead, and Evaluation Lead on the creation and maintenance of an M&E database, the safe and accurate recording of M&E data, and knowledge management initiatives.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintain a database for the collection of M&E data in coordination with the technical team;
· Work closely with USG and bi/multi-lateral counterparts to acquire relevant spatial datasets;
· Monitor quality control of the database through regular audits to ensure data quality, accuracy, consistency, and completeness;
· Ensure that the database complies with all appropriate standards.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and a minimum of seven (7) years work experience in Information Management with international development organizations;
· Information Systems background with skills and abilities in data collection procedures, systems analysis, and information systems project management;
· Skills and experience in GIS applications and hardware platforms, database design and management is a plus;
· Experience with monitoring and evaluation and on USAID funded projects preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.