|Date Posted:||Jul 27, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 10, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kardan Schools:
The Kardan International School is an innovative English-medium school integrating digital education as a fundamental element of its teaching and learning systems. The digital education concept promotes the understanding and application of digital technologies to enhance in-person learning and teaching methods.
The Kardan International School is seeking a founding Director of Education for its brand-new school in Kabul, Afghanistan.
In collaboration with the Leadership Team, the Founding Director of Education will lead the school’s professional and academic teams to achieve the school’s strategic objectives in Afghanistan. He/she will be responsible for the effective design, delivery, and evaluation of the school’s educational programs. The Director of Education will make important decisions concerning the accreditation targets, budget, and staff, effectively leading the school’s organizational development objectives by working collaboratively with management and leadership teams in Kabul. The Director of Education will work together with staff and faculty to apply for and successfully meet the national and international accreditation requirements as part of the school’s journey towards achieving academic excellence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and support to the school community of academic and professional staff, contributing towards achieving the School’s vision and mission.
- Work with the leadership and management teams to achieve the national and international accreditation requirements.
- Lead the development of a progressive culture of professional growth through dynamic support, supervision and evaluation of teachers and professional staff.
- Work together with the Superintendents and Phase Principal s to ensure that the program offerings continue to be delivered in accordance with the standards, criteria, and parameters set by national and international accreditation agencies.
- Lead and oversee the School’s strategic functions such as policy development, digitalization, public engagement, talent management, and teaching and learning by working closely with the Office of the Superintendent staff and Phase Principal.
- Work with the School’s management and leadership teams to develop a successful transition of the School from middle school to high school, including the development of growth-oriented models and approaches.
- Manage the budget by working closely with the Chief Finance Officer and the leadership team ensuring the Schools long-term sustainability, growth, and effectiveness.
- Articulate and communicate the vision for the school and its future to internal and external stakeholders
- Create and implement processes and policies that contribute towards student success, including student monitoring, discipline, and development.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication, management and leadership skills.
- Outstanding analytical, strategic thinking, intercultural communication, and team building skills.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership or Master’s Degree with additional qualifications in administration/leadership.
- Management and leadership experience in International education system, preferably at the school level, will be required. Experience in leading international schools will be desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful management of standards-based curriculum and best practices in international education.