|Date Posted:||Sep 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Agricultural Development Fund:
Agricultural Development Fund (ADF), is a financial institution under the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA). The ADF’s mission is to finance agriculture and agribusinesses across the country, so as to contribute to the economic development of Afghanistan. While the primary target client of the ADF is the commercial farmers, it also provides financial support to other small/large farmers, cooperatives, agricultural input suppliers, equipment dealers, processors, wholesalers and exporters; as well as to those businesses that support agriculture, such as storage facilities and the transporters. ADF provides funding to its clients both, directly and indirectly, i.e. through financial and non-financial intermediaries. Its financing activities span agricultural production, processing, trade and marketing at all levels.
The Director of Lending & Business Development will be a member of the Executive Management Team of the ADF and would be primarily responsible for development of overall business of the ADF. This position is based in the Main Office of the ADF in Kabul. However, the Director of Lending & Business Development will be required to travel to various parts of the country as and when required.
Provinces to travel:
- Excellent financial analysis and decision-making skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to maintain cordial relations
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate formulating and updating/revising the loan policies and the operational manuals, based on the prudent lending norms, for expansion of the loan business of the ADF.
- Prepare and update the annual sales/marketing and business development plans to support lending and other strategic targets and position the ADF, as the leading source of financing for agricultural sector in Afghanistan.
- Prepare a strategy for the diversification of loan business of the ADF, thereby spreading its risk and building a large/sustainable client base.
- Identify, develop and participate in sales and marketing activities/events, including the Agricultural Shuras, trade shows, marketing tours, etc. and develop relationship with the agricultural cooperatives, associations, institutions and firms to identify, develop and strengthen relationships with potential and existing clients.
- Work with MAIL, donor projects and other development, business and farmer organizations to encourage the participation of women, farmers and other hard to reach actors in the agricultural sector, who have the potential to become ADF clients.
- Identify opportunities for new products, services and markets to support sales targets and institutional objectives and provide inputs to design the same.
- Prepare and present reports on new business prospects, pipeline and achievement against targets;
- Lead, manage and supervise the Regional Offices of ADF and oversee loan origination units.
- Facilitate and supervise the preparation of loan application packages and present the same to various Committees of ADF, for sanction/approval.
- Monitor loan portfolio, from the point of view of meeting business targets and measure the performance of the staff concerned with the development of loan business.
- Provide all the necessary help and support for timely recovery of the loans extended by the ADF.
- Oversee customer service and relationship management to ensure client satisfaction and retention.
- Lead the design and implementation of ADF public outreach and communications strategy and activities.
- Facilitate design and dissemination of ADF public relations and marketing materials, both in hard and soft forms and leverage social media for the purpose.
- Identify and coordinate the participation of ADF in the events relevant to ADF and its stakeholders.
- Support CEO to maintain an effective communications relationship with MAIL, other departments of GIRoA,international/national/bilateral support agencies/donors, agricultural development projects, industry associations/ networks and other key stakeholders.
- Respond to media requests/queries and promote a positive image about the ADF to the wider community.
- Develop and maintain effective client communications system to facilitate customer satisfaction.
- Maintain regular and appropriate internal communications with credit administration department and other departments concerned, to ensure the maintenance and management of a robust loan portfolio.
- Demonstrate the ADF’s vision and values at all times.
- Serve as a member of the ADF Executive Team and provide guidance/ recommendations to the executive and senior management on business development issues.
- Lead the Business Development Department’s team, build their capacities and deliver the targeted performance results.
- Supervise staff, manage team workload and resources, conduct periodic performance reviews and mentor/coach the staff.
- The Director of Lending& Business Development will be a member of the Executive Management Team of the ADF and would be primarily responsible for development of overall business of the ADF. This position is based in the Main Office of the ADF in Kabul. However, the Director of Lending & Business Development will be required to travel to various parts of the country as and when required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, agribusiness or related field. A Master’s degree and/or MBA preferred. ( Education documents must be attested from Ministry of Higher Education , Afghanistan)
- At least 7 to 10 years’ hands-on working experience in a bank/financial institution or a similar organisation, with at least three years in sales/ marketing or credit management. Experience in the field of rural/ agricultural finance will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with proficiency in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
- Good knowledge of financial services business, including product development, credit appraisal, risk management, etc.
- A very good understanding of the tenets of Sharia/Islamic Finance.
- Excellent financial analysis and decision-making skills.
- Knowledge of the marketing/sales of financial services, preferably for agriculture and agribusinesses.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to maintain cordial relations, not only with the ADF staff, but also with the other important stakeholders like, the government officials, businessmen/corporate executives, networks/ associations, bilateral agencies/donors, development projects, etc.
- Ability to recognize and seize business opportunities for the benefit of ADF and implement new/innovative ideas.
- Experience of working in Afghanistan or other emerging markets.