|Date Posted:||Mar 20, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 28, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan and work plan for revamping the planning and policy and coordination of the Organization in agreement with his supervisor
2. Lead a process of operational planning within which the organizations departments are to identify and agree their intended outputs, outcomes and impact, as well as the steps that will be required to deliver them.
3. Ensure consistency of all plans and policies ( ANDS sector strategy) with the overall objectives of the Ministry
4. Establish proper coordination and harmonization with all MoUD directorate
5. Develop projects for capacity building of staff of the organization
6. Develop procedures for monitoring and implementation of development projects to make sure that they are implemented properly,
7. Liaise with all stakeholders, Ministry of Finance, MoCI, Donors, and other National and International organizations and make sure the consistency of plan and policy of MoUD with them,
8. Prepare proposals for the purpose of attracting donor support
9. Analyze and report on development projects and advice leadership of the ministry on issues pertaining to the projects
10. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence
1. An operational plan exists for the Ministry setting forth its mission, aims, and objectives, methods of work, policies and procedures.
2. Development projects are designed, proposed and cost estimated
3. New streams of action related to the Ministryâ€™s aims and objectives are launched and sustained within the first two years of the appointment.
4. The work of the Organization is supported by international donor institutions as well as by Ministry of Finance.
5. Project proposals meet international standards
Reporting and supervisory role:
The Director of Policy and Coordination will report directly to the Minister MoUD.
1. A Master degree in urban design, architecture, or civil engineering with 3 years of relevant experience in Sr. positions at national and international organizations.
2. A Bachelor degree in the mentioned subject with 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Written and spoken in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
ïƒ¼ Planning and management skill to handle daily business of the directorate
ïƒ¼ Ability for decision making
ïƒ¼ Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure;
ïƒ¼ Experience of leading and motivating teams of people towards the achievement of agreed ends;
ïƒ¼ Excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills
ïƒ¼ Willing to devote his or her out of office time to join with other MCP appointees in developing professional skills in leadership and public service management.
ïƒ¼ Must have the knowledge to demonstrate fairness, encourage innovation, achieve results, and demonstrate awareness of the demands and sensitivities of working within a public organization.
ïƒ¼ Must be reliable, honest, objective and hard working.
Notice of revision
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.