|Date Posted:||Mar 20, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 28, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About General Directorate Programs Design and Management:
Modernized master plans for some of the big cities of Afghanistan ( e.g mazar, heart , Kabul), established trainings on urban water environment sanitation and health protection, Strengthened production of economic and social studies
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor
2. Lead the implementation process of policies developed strategies and master plan of the Ministry of Urban development ( MoUD )
3. Direct the division and work closely with other ministries in discharging obligations of the ministry toward improved urban water health and environment services.
4. Perform regulatory functions in the short-term and set up regulator in the long term
5. Work with donors, ministries, municipalities, NGOs and other agencies to improve coordination and technical support.
6. Monitor performance of various urban water supply zones.
7. Conduct trainings, seminars and workshop to build capacity of staff and transfer knowledge and experience to the existing technical staff in the fields of water, sanitation, environment, and health protection
8. Plan and monitor project, implement programs of the directorate
9. Measure outcomes and key performance indicators
10. Organize, manage and process procurement and contracts between MoUD and ministry-funded projects
11. Represent MoUD in inter-ministerial level meetings and other interactions by various organizations and represent MoUD interest in sector development
12. Organize public communications campaigns in relevant areas
13. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence
1. Proper mechanism for monitoring of projects, urban water supply zones exist
2. Procurement and monitoring standards for projects in relevant areas (standards are produced)
3. Train staff in project management (cumulative training hours for staff)
4. Communication programs with the public in related areas (programs are delivered)
The Director of Urban Water Sanitation, Environment and Health Protection will report to the
Minster of urban development.
1. A Master degree in civil engineering with 3 years of relevant experience in Sr. positions at national and international organizations.
2. A Bachelor degree in the mentioned subject with 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Written and spoken in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint and engineering softwareâ€™s.
ïƒ¼ Ability to manage the sector development independently.
ïƒ¼ Working knowledge of strategies and policies in the field of urban water , sanitation, environment and health protection.
ïƒ¼ Result oriented personality and ability to work with people.
ïƒ¼ Good communication skill
Notice of revision
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.