|Date Posted:||Nov 10, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 22, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Transportation and Civil Aviation :
The Director Private Sector shall be responsible for administrating regulatory function and operations of transportation through various operator licenses for freight and passenger transport services. S/he would be administrating vehicle testing, control and would oversee developing standards for vehicle. S/He shall be responsible for coordinating between carrier agencies and the private sector department of the Ministry.
The Director, Private Sector shall directly report to the Deputy Minister, Planning and Policy
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his/her supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister).
2. Manage and coordinate activities of the directorate and facilitate the restructuring process of the private sector department.
3. Assist the Director, Human Resources and regarding Human Resources Planning and Director, and provide necessary assistance to the Director Revenue to computerize the revenue collection of the private sector.
4. Administer regulatory functions and operations of transportation through various operator licenses for freight and passenger transport services.
5. Develop and implement a transparent system for issuance of various operating licenses for freight and passenger transport services and coordinate between carrier agencies and the private sector department of the Ministry.
6. Establish and properly maintain bounded carrier and TIR systems and also assist in harmonization of vehicle standard in the context of regional cooperation associations such as ECO, SAARC, etc.
7. Develop roadmap for business expansion and fine tune regulatory functions of the private sector department.
8. Establish and maintain a proper system of vehicle testing, controlling and overseeing and develop standards for vehicle.
9. Respond to the wide variety of information requests from sector stakeholders, including the media.
10. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
2. A proper system of developing work plans and carrying them out are in place.
3. Proper filing, documentation and reporting systems are established and maintained within the directorate.
4. A significant increase is visible in the Private Sector Business expansion.
5. Appropriate systems of TIR and Bounded Carrier are established.
6. An effective system of vehicle testing, controlling, licensing and overseeing is developed.
7. Computerized revenue collection system is established for private sector.
8. A proper system of internal and external communication is put in place.
9. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
1. A Master degree in Transportation, Business Administration, Public Administration, economics or any other related fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
2. A Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years of relevant experience.
3. Written and spoken in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
1. Recognized trainings in the field of transport management, strategy development, policy formulation, and transport regulation.
2. Demonstrated experience in transport regulation, vehicle testing, licensing and transport management.
3. Experience in relevant fields in national and international organization.
4. Strong reporting and analytical skills.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.