|Date Posted:||Dec 26, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 9, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Private Sector Dev|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock :
The Director, Private Sector Development will be based in the Plan and Policy Directorate of the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and will be reporting to the plan and policy General Director. Most private entrepreneurs in Afghanistan are farmersâ€“ there would be about one million such farmers who have enough land. Most of industrial sector is agricultural input and processing non-farm business. In Afghanistan, private sector requires critical government services if they are to compete on international markets. Therefore, institution building and investment to provide those services is required to facilitate private sector.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plans for all relevant directorates in agreement with his/her supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister) and in accordance with the Ministry Master Plan.
1. Plan, lead, manage and monitor and evaluate overall tasks of all staff of the directorate for effective, efficient and accountable delivery of ministerial responsibilities;
2. Coordination with the national and international entrepreneurs who are working or willing to invest in the areas of agriculture in the country.
3. Attend the workshops and seminars so as to improve coordination with other directorates of the ministry.
4. Advise whenever necessary the national and international entrepreneurs in the areas of their investment and in making their activities more efficient and effective.
5. Collect accurate and complete statistical report of the investments, projects and other activities of the private sector in the areas of the agriculture for the better future planning for private sector investment and also for reporting to the minister.
6. Support Private sector and establishing agro - processing and value added facilities;
7. Dispatch teams to the provinces for collecting information about private sector investments;
8. Play a key role in communication and relation between the Minister and concerned Directors in the Ministry;
9. Ensure continuous relation/communication of the Ministry with higher authorities in Government and Parliament, with other organizations and institutions, both internal and external;
10. Analyze and explain decrees, provisions, and laws of the country regarding the private sector investment to the entrepreneurs and solve any problems they face.
11. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
2. A proper system of developing work plans and carrying them out are in place.
3. Effective procedures for private sector development are established.
4. Private sector investment in the agriculture has been increased.
5. Proper filing and reporting systems are established and maintained within the directorate.
6. A proper system of internal and external communication is put in place.
7. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
Reporting and supervisory role:
The Director, Private Sector Development shall directly report to the Director General, Policy and Planning..
- Minimum requirements:
1. A Masterâ€™s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or any other related fields with 3 years of relevant experience/ Or a Bachelorâ€™s degree in similar fields with 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Written and spoken English, Dari or Pashto.
3. Computer skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Desirable attributes:
1. Recognized trainings in the field of strategy development, policy formulation, communication, privatization, and management.
2. Demonstrated experience in the field of training, policy formulation, project design, implementation and evaluation in Agriculture sector.
3. Experience in relevant fields in national and international organization.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.