|Date Posted:||Oct 25, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 10, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Capacity Building for Result (CBR) IARCSC:
The incumbent has overall responsibily of managing all procurement functions; starting from preparation of bidding documents till final procurement of goods, works, and services for the entire ministry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor ;
2. Plan and manage the procurement activities of the ministry in compliance with the procurement law and ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to the relevant procedures and guidelines of funding agencies for all goods, works and consulting services.
3. Planning and procurement of goods, works, and services; Putting in place emergency procurement capacity to facilitate rapid and transparent utilization of donors resources;
4. Develop strategies and processes of best procurement practices to suit the organizational goals.
5. Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including preparation of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals and their evaluation.
6. Ensure the integrity of the procurement process of all goods, works and services required for the Ministry.
7. Monitor the performance of contractors and consultants, and the delivery and completion of contracted works, goods and services.
8. Develop standard procurement contracts reflecting appropriate standard terms and conditions in accordance with the procurement law.
9. Organize evaluation committees with the participation of representatives from different departments for the opening and evaluation of bids; propose contract awards in accordance with public procurement law and guidelines and arrange submittal to Donors when required for no objection/clearance.
10. Study and monitor contracts and timely and proper execution of the projects as defined in the scope of work.
11. The selection and contracting of consultants: (i) preparation of the terms of reference and EOI request for proposals, etc.; (ii) notification/advertising, sourcing and short listing of consultants; (iii) receipt and evaluation of proposals, preparation of evaluation reports, contract documents and negotiations with selected firms/individuals.
12. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence
1. An appropriate action plan is developed and implemented.
2. A number of bidding documents for all goods, works and services based on terms of reference and technical specifications are developed.
3. All correspondence is managed and followed up effectively.
4. An appropriate system for conducting bid evaluation meetings is put in place.
5. Bid evaluation reports are drafted, prepared and reviewed on a regular basis.
6. Proper filing, documentation and reporting systems are established and maintained within the directorate.
7. A proper system of transfer and maintenance of skills and knowledge within the directorate is in place.
The Director, Procurement shall report to (Minister or Deputy Minister).
1. A Master degree in Economics, Procurement, Business Administration, Public Administration with 3 years of relevant experience.
2. A Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years relevant experience.
3. Excellent Written and spoken Dari or Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
1. Excellent drafting ability and communication skills, both oral and written; ability to defend and explain difficult issues with respect to key decisions.
2. Strong ability to prioritize workload and meet simultaneous and competing deadlines.
3. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
4. Very good knowledge of Procurement Law, Public Expenditure Law, Tax Law and other relevant procedures of the Country.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.