|Date Posted:||Oct 31, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 12, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Counter Norcotics:
The Director, Regional and International Cooperation has the overall responsibility of Planning, organizing, coordinating, leading and controlling of all the activities related to the regional and International Cooperation in terms of counter narcotics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for revamping the system in accordance with rules and regulations for better quality services delivery and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor (Minister or Deputy Minister).
2. Prepare or provide effective advice on development of policies and programs according to the vision, mission and the strategy of the Ministry of Counter Narcotics in order to counter cultivation, production, import, export, use and traffic of narcotics.
3. Establish sustainable working relations with the Ministry of Foreign affairs and with other counter narcotics departments in neighboring countries, countries of the region and countries of the world, foreign embassies and international associations in Afghanistan in order to provide coordination in terms of counter narcotics.
4. Prepare and develop projects and programs to attract support from donors to develop counter narcotics programs in related provinces.
5. Perform secretarial duties of the Regional and International Cooperationâ€™s working group; conducting and facilitating national and international meetings, circulating the agenda before meeting is conducted, record minutes of the meetings and distribute them officially to all stakeholders; monitor the process of to obtain the desired end results.
6. Cooperate and coordinate with the Ministry of foreign affairs in terms of conducting discussions, negotiating and implementing bilateral and multilateral cooperative agreements, covenants, conventions and treaties related to counter narcotics.
7. Coordinate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to represent MCN meetings, conferences, seminars and events related to counter narcotics inside and out side the country as well as preparing the agenda and meetings minutes in such type of meetings and events.
8. Manage the activities of relevant staff of counter narcotics (B.L.O) in neighboring and countries of the region.
9. Facilitate and improve contacts and communication with other line governmental and non-governmental counterparts in other countries through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Afghanistan Diplomatic Missions to improve relations and build strong coordination, share experience and adopt their practical experience in the field of counter narcotics.
10. Lead, control, monitor and evaluate the performances of subordinates, identify, prepare and suggest budget requirements in accordance with annual plan.
11. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve technical ability, motivation and confidence
1. Development and implementation of the action plan.
2. A number of procedures, programs, policies, and projects are developed to counter narcoticsâ€™ cultivation, traffic, use, and production.
3. Existence of a comprehensive future plan for ministryâ€™s programs.
4. Existence of organized reporting and filing systems.
5. National, International, and Regional cooperation, communication and coordination are improved.
6. An effective mechanism for sustainable transfer of capacity is developed within the department.
The Director, Regional and International Cooperation will report to the Deputy Minister or Minister.
1. A Masterâ€™s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, International Relations, Economics, Political Sciences or any other related fields with 3 years of relevant experience.
2. Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years relevant experience.
3. Have good Communication skills both written and verbal in Dari or Pashto and English languages.
4. Computer skills in MS. Office are required.
1. Recognized professional trainings in international relations, international laws, policy formulation, project development, and planning.
2. Working experience in projects related to national, regional and international cooperation, bilateral and multilateral agreements.
3. Understanding regional, national, and international laws and regulation related to counter narcotics.
4. Good experience in policy formulation, strategic communication, planning and project design.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.