|Date Posted:||May 1, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 13, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the United Nations agency for human settlements. The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, has been working within Afghanistan since 1992
This position is to manage activities of the programme in terms of policy advice in close consultation with International Programme Manager and National Programme Manager of the programme.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the UN-Habitat, Afghanistan country management (Country Programme Manager based in Kabul and Senior Human Settlements Officer based in Regional office) and under direct supervision of International and National Programme Manager, Capacity Development Specialist will undertake the following tasks and activities:
- Conduct training for Social Organizers and Engineers for community mobilization and Community Resilience Action Planning (Community RAP);
- Organize training for government and non-government stakeholders (e.g. City-RAP and Housing reinforcement activities) with support from Policy Advisor and Lead Engineer;
- Develop relevant training materials incorporating all the lessons learnt from other UN-Habitat Programmes and other intuitions (UN agencies, NGOs and etc.) engaged in similar activities;
- Develop Guidelines for those trainings in order for government partners to replicate in the future;
- Support Training for Central Government to be conducted by UNISDR, compile/organize training materials for replication;
- Records and report capacity development activities (internally and to the public);
- Support community/municipal level non-structural activities such as advocacy campaigns and disaster drills;
- Other duties and responsibilities which are may be required by International/National Programme Manager in support of the activities of the Agency and project.
1. All Trainings and Workshops conducted by the Project
2. Support delivering outputs by UNISDR;
- Training modules and material for national monitoring of Sendai Framework (SF)/Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)/New Urban Agenda (NUA)
- Training for Government Officers on monitoring of SF/SDGs/NUA
3. Well coordination between related Governmental entities and UN-Habitat for proper understanding of the DRR issues and follow up of decisions as a result of Capacity Development activities.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in economics, disaster risk management, urban studies, development studies, or related field.
- At least three years of experience in capacity development activities (especially training and advocacy/awareness raising actives but also policy advice, institutional development and etc.), preferably in the field of Resilience, DRR and/or Climate Change Adaptation.
- Experiences in working in community based development programme/projects preferred.
- Familiarity with the UN system in Afghanistan is an asset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, and local language (Dari and Pashto) required.