|Date Posted:||May 8, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 12, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
To maintain District office data and administrative systems
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
i. Major responsibilities
1. Manage and Supervision of Day-to-Day administration activities of district Office
2. To be responsible for the establishment, maintenance, oversight of all office records, ordering and maintenance of office equipment; furniture; and supplies and make sure that those expenses are relevant and limited to the budget
3. Provide administrative support to, and assist the District manager Program Coordinator in, maintaining office systems and records.
4. Ensure timely follow up in communications with provincial office.
ii. Specific duties
1. To look after arrangement of personnel, vehicles, keys of the gates of the office, staff house, guest house, correspondence, and other files and keeping them proper and update manually and computerized
2. To maintain of copier and generator in regional office
3. To control the recording and updating inventory of the fixed assets of the offices, Guesthouses and in the field offices
4. To look after providing, distributing and keeping proper balance and update of office stationary
5. To look after arrangement of meetings, workshops, and conferences of the related office
6. To ensure all legal obligation of Offices and guest house (lease agreement, maintenance contracts) are fulfilled and renewed in a timely manner
7. To ensure that all utility bills (electricity, water, telephones and etc) are paid on time.
8. To ensure a healthy and safe working environment is provided to all staff.
9. To ensure the reception function of District Offices meet the highest standard
10. Ensure high standards of sanitation in the offices and houses
11. To ensure a healthy and proper food and tea are served to staff
13. Assist the District manager Program Coordinator in preparing the district office's annual plan.
14. Maintain the district office’s staff attendance and leave register.
15. Maintain the district office's purchasing documentation and participate in purchasing committee's.
16. Maintain the district office's stores and stock records.
17. Coordinate the collection of district programme data, ensuring that data is received by the provincial office in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
18. Coordinate the compilation of all district level reports, ensuring that the reports are received by the provincial office in a timely manner.
19. Take and transmit messages from the provincial and Head Office and between district staff as appropriate.
1. Perform any other related duties as required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghowr
At least 3 years of professional experience in related field.
Self-starter - able to identify work that needs to be done and do it without being instructed to do so.
Ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner
Able to communicate in local languages
Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done.
Desire to learn, seek new challenges and take on additional responsibilities
Reasoning ability. Good common sense with ability to solve practical problems
Committed & honest in work
Transparency and accountability