|Date Posted:||May 9, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 16, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
Social mobilizer is recruited in order to strengthen the role of promoting, developing and improving education and work together with people to reopen closed Schools and use any emergency assistance for these schoolsand The additional funds needed for other schools properly and effectively.
Increase public participation in conservation of education, enrollment raising, decreasing of dropout, and improvement quality of Educational services are other purposes for recruitment of social mobilizer.
In order to achieve the above objective, a social mobilizer through the Global Partnership for Education should be the residents of mentioned districts or neighboring districts based on merit and open competition among candidates, the ones who have good social relation and having understand and appropriate socio – economic knowledge, effective leadership skills, management discussion and benevolence, will be employed.
Provinces to travel:
Excellent interpersonal, communication, team work, & presentation skills are required. Ability to communicate effective & maintain rapport with all level of employees is required. Excellent computer skills-Word, EXCEL, power point; plus the ability to quickly learn various on reporting systems is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Identify and build relationships with those local influential leaders and elders who can help change people's attitudes and thinking about making improvements to education.
2. Takes necessary steps to facilitate meetings and individual meetings to advocate for influential’s and local elders, organized a group of tribal elders and local leaders about the quality and quantity of education services.
3. Promote and implement activities to identify location of schools and train school administrators in the use of tools and equipment for school location.
4. Identify and characterize the building of educational facilities in areas where there is a possibility of accelerated education classes and community classes.
5. Feasibility of implementation-based on education for children in mosques. Identification of mosques that are currently underway or establishment of classroom is possible.
6. Visiting fields in order to get information on the status of education and training services, analyzes the situation of field, issues and problems that are hampering the delivery of education services and sharing these problems with coordinator of social mobilization in the province.
7. Establishing council in accordance with the procedures established in the school.
8. Providing educational workshops for council according to guidelines provided in schools.
9. Guidance and assistance with school administrative councils in planning to improve schools and ensure that schools are covered by a plan of improvement and the plan for emergency assistance to meet the immediate needs of schools.
10. Cooperation in making offers to purchase basic supplies for educational activities, school buildings, major repairs and operating costs for emergency requirements.
11. Analyze and evaluate the current status of the closed schools in the district and identify appropriate strategies in order to reopen the schools.
12. Preparing reports on the progress of activities (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) regularly sent to the provincial coordinator of social mobility and the head of the provincial education president.
13. Provide documentation of all activities related to social mobilization
14. Participation in the campaign to hire female teachers for teaching in schools in rural and urban centers to be deployed
15. Working closely with the district's supervision members and completion of filling forms of supervision.
16. Share problems and lack of professional in schools of related district with members of the district's supervision members.
17. Working with supervision team in order to collect the accurate statistics and data in related district.
18. Pursue other duties as assigned by the provincial mobilization coordinator.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Farah, Ghowr, Nuristan, Oruzgan
1) Bachelor Degree with two years work experiences and 14th Grade with four years of experience , in coordination and social mobilization.
The candidates who have computer and internet skills and English language, are preferred.
Having sufficient ability to communicate and be understood.
Effective management and organizing skills.