|Date Posted:||Mar 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 29, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The purpose of the position of DVM Assistant is to plan and implement in charge of overall livestock and animal health management issues at the community and district level. He/she is responsible to provide technical training on animal health and welfare to livestock owners and VFUs. He/she will be required to work in close with livestock owner groups and VFUs in project area. He/she will responsible distribution of project inputs and equipment’s. And also he/she will supervise regularly veterinary field unit health service, trainings to the livestock owner groups in the targeted project area.
- Good computer literacy skill
- Good Dari / English reporting writing skills
- Committed and honest in his/her work
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct technical training on appropriate animal health and welfare practices to livestock owner groups members in each district (including: animal handling, restraint. housing and feeding, identifying disease, seeking treatment).
- Livestock owner group’s members receive awareness raising education sessions on animal health and welfare and the benefits of investing in animal health, conducted jointly by project staff, DAIL staff, and Paravets.
- Distribution of basic inputs, equipment to livestock owner groups.
- Establish livestock owners groups in each target community.
A. Project Planning and Implementation:
· Mobilize communities in line with project objectives, conduct surveys and need assessments at the target communities to identify eligible project livestock owner groups.
· Facilitate inter and intra-provincial learning opportunities to LOG members (exposure visits).
· With support Doctor (DVM) build capacity of LOG elected committee members through capacity building training on feeding, treatment, animal disease, housing and equine animals disease (Plus refresher trainings).
· Instruct livestock owner groups on medicine usages, benefit of vaccine and administration of vaccine for livestock disease prevention.
· With support doctor (DVM) facilitate meetings and strengthen linkages between LOGs and DAIL District Extension Officers, livestock producer associations and livestock marketing co-operatives.
· Follow up vaccination seasons and keep livestock owner groups knowledge updated.
· Instruct men/women on personal and environmental hygiene, housing, water sanitation, health care issues.
· •Conduct regular monitoring of livestock production, status stables and equine animal treatment process through animal health monitoring framework (AHMF).
· Collect necessary data and information to keep track of change in attitudes and practices of target livestock owner groups.
· Maintain good relation with the communities, area representatives and VFUs.
· Conduct regular meetings with target livestock owner groups and ensure proper coordination network is established.
· Assist to prepare monthly and Weekly plans for effective execution of the project activities as stipulated in the project document.
· With support doctor (DVM) conduct equine and cattle animal’s health camps, vaccination camps etc in close coordination with DAIL, VFUs.
· Assist the doctor (DVM) on submission field reports, monthly, quarterly to Weekly project coordinator in a timely manner.
B. Networking and Representation
· Maintain regular contact with key district departments such as DAIL, and other NGOs working in livestock area.
· Develop and maintain relationships with VFUs in sangtakht district of Daikundi province.
C. Budget and Logistics Management
- Provide support to DVM doctor on supply requests and service requests ensuring those are properly documented and carry the correct accounts code, donor code and donor budget code.
- Provide support to project DVM on prepare monthly expenditure plans for scheduled activities in Daikundi province.
- Provide support to DVM on training programmes, workshops, and stakeholder meetings.
D. Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure that parvet veterinary produces 1 – 2 success stories during every quarter of the project;
- Document key challenges faced and lessons learnt on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare and submit to DVM doctor monthly progress reports against work plan by the 10th of the following month.
F. Staff Capacity Development:
- Provide technical trainings to VFUs paravets in project area.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Daykundi
- Bachelor degree in relevant animal health and livestock managements or minimum graduated from Veterinary Institute.