|Date Posted:||Mar 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 29, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||51000 - 51200 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material.
- Know, promote, implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensure high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment.
- Follow the WHO corona case definition. During consultation.
- Ensure the use of the appropriate PPE as recommended according to your risk assessment.
- Referral of suspected Corona cases to the ISOLATION UNIT IN SHEIDAI HOSPITAl.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material
- Ensure on-going training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
Requirements and Competencies
- Medical Doctor diploma essential
- Other experience in similar position desirable
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
- English: oral and written essential
Working hours and Salary
Full Time: 176 hrs a month, day shifts Sat-Wed.
The Gross salary for this position is 51,200 AFN per month (non-negotiable)