|Date Posted:||Aug 21, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Sheladia Associates Inc,:
Sheladia Associates, Inc. is a minority-owned and operated business founded in 1974 and headquartered in the metropolitan Washington DC area, with international offices located in Afghanistan, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Pakistan, Philippines, and Zambia. We design and build infrastructure worldwide — both physical and institutional — to support economic growth and strengthen the capabilities of our clients and partners. We are dedicated to providing outstanding service and recognize that successful projects hinge on having the right people on the job and doing it right the first time. Our staff includes some of the most seasoned architects, engineers, construction managers, project managers, technical consultants and support staff in the industry. Sheladia’s unique approach to design, development and implementation of the project includes a clear understanding of project objectives and goals, coordination of local stakeholders and property owners. We strive to provide creative solutions in a sustainable way. Our solutions evolve from our complete understanding of complex regulations, knowhow,and our multidisciplinary approach that takes the project from concept through completion. Sheladia has received many awards for excellence in design and has established an excellent professional reputation for quality work completed on time and within budget. The trademark of our services has been its responsiveness to clients’ needs. This philosophy has been elemental in establishing Sheladia as a leading consulting firm in the region. Sheladia is a professional multidisciplinary consulting firm with experience in Structures and Facilities, Transportation Infrastructure, Energy, Rural evelopment, and Water Resources & Sanitation. The firm has been providing full Architectural & Engineering Services and Development Consulting Services since 1974 in the United States and throughout the world, implementing projects in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, and the Americas. Sheladia provides project development services that include economic and financial analysis, policy design and institutional strengthening, planning and feasibility studies, detailed engineering design, environmental and social studies, procurement assistance and management, maintenance planning and management, construction supervision/management, and monitoring and evaluation. In the international arena, Sheladia provides technical assistance to governments, their agencies, and private sector entities to strengthen and support institutional capabilities through organizational development, technology transfer, and training.
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects throughout the world and Afghanistan. SHELADIA works in over 70 countries throughout Asia, Africa, and the Americas. We are currently looking to fill the position of Drip Irrigation Engineer for Arghandab Integrated Water Resources Development Project (AIWRDP) project.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Review the project administration manual and feasibility studies on (i) irrigated agriculture, and (ii) water supply, that were developed during the grant project preparation, and prepare an Inception Report Concept Note outlining the proposed approach, methodology and work plan to assess the feasibility of the drip irrigation supply system;
· Discuss the concept note with MAIL and other government agencies involved in water resources, and prepare an Inception Report comprising the finalized concept, approach, work plan, and outline of the Feasibility Study Report;
· Supervise the Feasibility Study consultants and the quality of their outputs;
· In collaboration with DAIL PIU, conduct field work to determine the engineering designs and prepare preliminary engineering drawings;
· Design the intake, filtration plant, main pipeline, controls, gauges, distribution and network connections to prioritized agricultural areas for drip irrigation use;
· Prepare a Draft Final Report of the Feasibility Study, and in collaboration with the CPMO, present the findings and recommendations to MAIL and other relevant stakeholders in a workshop;
·Review and incorporate comments from stakeholders and submit a Feasibility Study Final Report to the MAIL CPMO.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kandahar
· The specialists will have tertiary qualifications in engineering and will be fluent in English and demonstrate good written skills in English.
·The specialist is responsible for leading in the conduct of a feasibility study for a pressurized drip irrigation supply system to peri-urban high value horticulture farmers. The concept is for the untreated water from Dahla Dam delivered via gravity through a low-pressure pipeline that can be laid alongside the planned urban water supply line. This would provide a secure and highly efficient irrigation supply that will reduce disaster risk exposure and improve food security. The delivery network would reach land areas with suitable agricultural soils and conditions for high value intensive horticulture production, and the institutional arrangements will include supply charges applied to recipients to ensure sustainable revenue for operation and maintenance, and equitable valuation of water amongst competing users. The specialists will preferably have 10 years of experience in the design, construction and operation of pressurized irrigation for drip irrigation. They will be based within the CPMO but will be required to travel to the project area, security arrangements permitting.